Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2022, 20:04   #31

Boat: Current yacht:Alden 46, previous yachts:Cavalier 32, Joshua steel ketch -12m, Traveller 32,Rawson 30
Re: Re-Running In-Boom reefing lines.

Hi Jim and Anne,
All the funny stuff in OZ happened on the "Mainland", not in Tassie. Tassie was my favourite stop in OZ and all good except for one incident. While Sundowner was moored at Constitution Dock and I was looking after Pharaon while Dick and Babbie were in the USA, I had the use of their old beater station wagon. Some drunk a-hole stole it (it was locked, but he hot-wired it) with my treasured tool bag in the back, then crashed it. When the cops found it, all my tools were missing. S_it happens.
I'll remember that snake trick for next time I do mast work in OZ. No snakes here in Kiwiland.
nuku34 is offline   Reply With Quote