Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2024, 17:45   #1

Boat: Catalina 27, Tall Rig Wing Keel
Reefing and Outhaul Line Relocation

Hello, I am going through the running rigging on my Catalina 27 and am running into issues figuring out how to manage the outhaul and aft reefing lines. Both of them exit the boom to cam cleats that don't work well at all plus the lines are difficult to get to being underneath the boom.

Looking for any ideas on how to make this setup better, I'm fine having to go up on deck to adjust these lines but stuck on how I can get there. Even if you don't have ideas just sharing your setup may give me a new perspective.

The PDF Diagram shows how things are laid out, and the image shows the types of cleats. If there are any questions let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3773.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	292018  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Owners Manual (dragged) 2.pdf (159.7 KB, 13 views)
new-to-sailing is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
outhaul