Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2024, 06:16   #1

Boat: Impulse 21 + '79 Snipe
Rigging questsion for 1997 Snipe

Hi All:

I recently purchased this (very) cheap Snipe. Unfortunately, I wasn't yet familiar enough with the obligatory standing rigging and therefore missed some component that weren't present during purchase

Long story short: those missing parts are not available, so I will need to DIY build or somehow locate said components.

The pics show 3 spots and parts that are missing (or remain nameless as I don't know to call the part).

1] The centerboard >>> there is a part that is on either side and appears to have a spot for a pole that should presumably hold the keel that notches. That isn't present and I'm not sure what to call that. If anyone has the name or place to get that part of suggestion of how to make it please advise

2] The mast step (base) >>> The place for the mast base to be place and secured (i.e. step) is missing. As in #1, I'm looking for the same advice.

3] No idea what what this is called >>> in the center of rotted wood and image in general, there is a metal notch that probably should be used somehow but I can't find any docs on it. For this, I'm just looking for a name and functionality.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1075.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	285107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1076.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	285108  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	434.0 KB
ID:	285109  
nathan_benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 12:01   #2

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: Rigging questsion for 1997 Snipe

The tang in photo 3 might be for attaching hiking straps, though in the photo it does not look like it's set up at the right angle for that. It could also be for attaching a strap or bungie cord to hold the tiller on centerline. The mast step photo looks purposeful -- like it is supposed to be like that. Is it a raised central rib? It is hard to tell from the picture. The bottom of the mast might have a female fitting on the bottom that is supposed to ride on this and be adjustable for fore & aft rake. The centerboard photo and your description of the parts are hard to figure out. Your best bet might be to look on the Snipe Class Association website for pictures of the setups on other boats or a place to post there. https://www.snipe.org
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rigging