Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2019, 07:49   #1

roller furler drum

hello all, my wife and i have just aquired a 22' seal coastal cruiser and it is our 1st venture into the world of sailing( complete novices).
we currently have a problem with a sticking drum on the genoa which , up until a week or so ago was fine.Now i can only turn it a few times by forcing the the furled sail whilst i can hear and feel a 'clunk'( for want of a better word )

is it safe to drop the drum from the sail and inspect it ( assuming it is simple to remove ) and are these a problem to strip or repair please?
any advice gratefully recieved

thank you
gravygranules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furler, roller furler, rum

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On