Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2018, 22:30   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Single Braid (Yale PHD) line gets jammed in Andersen Winch self tailer

I have Andersen 52ST as my primary jib sheet winches. I recently replaced my sheets with Yale PHD 1/2 inch single braid line. The change greatly improved the consistency and performance of our tacking and jibing, but it can get jammed in the self tailing winch. This requires me to tail my self tailers in order to prevent it. When it does jam, it requires a great deal of strength to free it. My wife and kids have are unable to do it. This is potentially very dangerous as when it is jammed, you cannot trim the sails, tack, jibe etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions out there? I have been searching the net to no avail. I have written Andersen and am awaiting a response.

Thanks

David
boxstereye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single, winch