Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2016, 21:43   #16

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5
Re: Sta-lok and insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
kmacdonald,

You're right, most people don't. We've had Sta-loks, and Norseman (no longer available), have been cruising over 30 yrs. Just my opinion, but the ability to have wire shipped to you and do your own rigging of it was really useful in Vanuatu after our forestay broke.

Ann
There is a lot to be said for doing it yourself. You know it's done right and if it fails you have no one to blame but yourself.
I ordered lower shrouds for my Capri from Catalina Direct and they were too long. I got them there because I didn't want to have to measure the original ones but it didn't work out that way. Still had to send the originals to them and have the correct length made. If I had purchased the wire and Sta-Loks it would have been much easier. I used them on a catboat I made and found them to be easy and reliable.
kmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 14:13   #17

Boat: 46' custom cat "Rum Doxy", Roughwater 41"Abreojos"
Re: Sta-lok and insurance

You might have a look at Hi-mod fittings through Rigging Only. When I priced them last they were a lot cheaper than the competition. I have been using Hi-mod on my cat since launch in 2010 and they are holding up great. Very easy to install and inspect.

http://www.riggingonly.com/himod.htm

www.sailblogs.com/member/rumdoxy

Come to the dark side. We have donuts.
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance