Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 04:33   #1

Winch Drum Bearing

Hi.

I have a pair of Antal 224 main sheet 2 speed winches and one of them has the wrong needle roller bearing installed (it was like it when we brought the yacht).

Antal don't carry any spares for this winch - in fact they don't recognise the model at all and have nothing the same size!

So I am looking for a caged needle roller bearing that will fit!

The size is 70mm internal, 80mm external and 37mm high!?

Anyone got anything like this in their spares, perhaps even from another manufacture? If so a Part Number or winch model would be useful!

Thanks in advance,

Jack
jacklill120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 17:13   #2

Boat: Pearson 34-II
Re: Winch Drum Bearing

Not much of an advertisement for Antal winches, Jack. If it is their winch, they should be able to cross reference another bearing that will fit. That's just good customer service. However, did you speak with technical support when you asked your question or did you just talk with a person who answered the phone? Let us know what's your outcome. This is really unbelievable for a company who is still in business. Good luck and safe sailing.
Old 13-06-2017, 14:38   #3

Re: Winch Drum Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
Not much of an advertisement for Antal winches, Jack. If it is their winch, they should be able to cross reference another bearing that will fit. That's just good customer service. However, did you speak with technical support when you asked your question or did you just talk with a person who answered the phone? Let us know what's your outcome. This is really unbelievable for a company who is still in business. Good luck and safe sailing.

So I have good news to feedback. I contacted Antal again and they have now found the bearing in stock in Italy and Marineware in the U.K. are getting it for me - a result. Amazing what can be done with a little persistence!
jacklill120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rum, winch