Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 07:16   #16

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A
Is the legal requirement for a fishing license for your dink, still valid in Mexico?
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:16   #17

Boat: Panda 40 - S/V Cambria
Quote:
Is the legal requirement for a fishing license for your dink, still valid in Mexico?
No, the rule has changed - unless you are using the dinghy - or any boat - for hire for fishing (charters), they no longer require licenses; only the people on board need fishing licenses now - if you have fishing equipment on board. Much easier to get and considerably less expensive.

Michael
svcambria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:16   #18

Boat: 1984 CS 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minggat View Post
I recognize that as a California antic. They know how to get the money out of your pocket and into the illegal aliens pocket pretty well.
you got that one right.
kb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 13:03   #19
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

AFAIK only California and Louisiana treat cars in a very odd way: The license plate attaches to the car "forever" and the registration is also due forever, as long as the plate isn't surrendered. Even if the car is pulled off the road and garaged...they make it difficult to just surrender the plate and keep the car on blocks, or so I'm told.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they treat boats in a similar fashion. As Tom Snyder said long ago when he was on TV, all the fruits and nuts ripen on the trees in California, then they roll off and end up on the other coast.

In most states, maybe all the other states, the license plate attaches to the OWNER of the vehicle, and if you sell the vehicle, the plates never transfer with it. For better or worse--things are just different in CA.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
registration