Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 08:49   #1

Boat: N/M 45
Mystic Stainless Folding Boarding Ladder

I'm looking for a mid-ship boarding ladder, and have zeroed in on a tri-fold stainless boarding ladder, and it looks like the design from Mystic Stainless is good (though expensive). Has anyone used one? Suggestions as to alternative mid-ship boarding ladders? Note that a stern-mount platform is not in the cards given the narrowness of the transom and the monitor windvane already back there.

What I'm lookin for are: removeable for stowage down below, solid enough for scuba diving, and will reach well below the waterline. The deck is 40" above the water, therefore the 4 step models will reach the water but not much of the ladder is in the water, and there's no toe rail.

Mystic's Foldaway has a horizontal top bar that fits into two cylindrical sleeves that are in-turn welded to a Schaefer pin-stop T-track slider. The sliders fit 1-1/4" T-track (which I will have to bolt to the deck). The entire structure slides off the T-track by pulling the slider pin-stops, therefore the only thing left on deck is a 26" length of T-track which is useful for outboard sheeting when sailing - not a bad thing.

The FOLDAWAY

Any alternatives that people think are better? I looked at this thread
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-mk2-4097.html
and people do seem to like the ladders. I've inspected one locally and it looks like a nice piece of equipment.

- beetle
beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:04   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
I have one for sale just not listed yet any place. I kept it from the old boat, but I don't need it for the current boat.. This is the triple fold mystic stainless ladder with teak steps. Amazing ladder! Very well built. Mystic makes a lot of hideously expensive custom stuff. These ladders they make in batches but use the best materials for them. It's real 316 stainless and so costs a lot more but they shine all the time with almost nothing done to them. Much of what you see for sale is 304 stainless and while a tad stronger than 316 they rust while you look at them. Many have poor joints not properly welded and the welds rust bad.

I have the 1 inch T track fittings but you can order what ever you want from them. Send me a PM if you are interested in one for a used price instead of the brand new price. They are the best you can get though.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 18:24   #3

ladder

Hello,
I know your message was sent almost two years ago regarding your mystic ladder, but is it still available? If so, please resond with your price at
marchmike@sbcglobal.net. Thanks!
marchmike is offline   Reply With Quote