Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 15:05   #1

New dinghy davit system attachments?

I am having something similar to this installed on our catamaran. Using 4 double blocks between the davits and the dinghy. I'm looking to hear what people think would be my best option for location #1 and #2 to attach.

#1 I don't know if I should just use the fitting from the block as it comes. It wouldn't be removed often. Other thoughts are D ring shackles, carabiner, snap hooks etc....

#2 would be operated daily. Should be somewhat efficient to be able to attach in weather if need be.

Looking for feedback in type and sizing. The dinghy is about 130# and the motor is about 85#. Of course, if you see something wildly off on my design, i'd like to hear that too but trying to focus on the attachments.

ryanandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, men

« Rib Adhesives | - »

Posting Rules