Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 15:11   #16

Boat: Sceptre 41
Thanks Mr Surf.:

I love the smelll of diesel in the morning . . . I'm trying to remedy the Charlie not Surfing thing. Hopefully I will do it in the next year or so. Appreciate the heads up on the ULI board. If I get good enough to need a different board then we'll deal with that when it comes. Jim Weir reccommended a 10' for me at 225lbs. I've got to call him and discuss it.

Three of them will fit nicely in the spot I'm thinking of.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 20:57   #17

Boat: 1995 CATALINA 320 formerly Catamaran owner
Send a message via Skype™ to SurfNRG
I met Jim at Surf Expo in Orlando a couple years ago. I got a 9 footer from him that I leave on the boat. Always a lot of fun. sounds like you're a big boy so that 10 footer should be the call. Jim and his crew, which are a bunch of salty sailors, are super cool and surf them ULI Boards quite well. The video they showed at Surf Expo was quite impressive. The boards are made extremely well. People are amazed at how solid they get when blown up. I pushed my dog Roxy into a wave the other day at Peck Lake in Jupiter, FL.. She road the ULI all the way to the beach and got a big applause. Now everything I go to blown up the board she's wanting to go surfing. Pretty Classic! Tell Jim I said hello. Over and Out, Welshy / Surfer Magazine
SurfNRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 23:38   #18

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfNRG View Post
I met Jim at Surf Expo in Orlando a couple years ago. I got a 9 footer from him that I leave on the boat. Always a lot of fun. sounds like you're a big boy so that 10 footer should be the call. Jim and his crew, which are a bunch of salty sailors, are super cool and surf them ULI Boards quite well. The video they showed at Surf Expo was quite impressive. The boards are made extremely well. People are amazed at how solid they get when blown up. I pushed my dog Roxy into a wave the other day at Peck Lake in Jupiter, FL.. She road the ULI all the way to the beach and got a big applause. Now everything I go to blown up the board she's wanting to go surfing. Pretty Classic! Tell Jim I said hello. Over and Out, Welshy / Surfer Magazine
I can't send you a PM.
I have a question(s) for a Wildcat owner.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 15:01   #19

Dinghy storage

Hi, does somebody have experience with Dinghy sling system offered by Home
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 18:05   #20

Boat: Sceptre 41
Tall boy welcome aboard. Looks like a pretty nice setup for putting the dink on the stern. For me the worst part is always taking off the engine.

BTW I ended up buying the ULI boards. as a beginner I really like them. They are stable and they don't hurt if you get hit in the head. The fins are soft so they won't cut you. They do roll up pretty small and are much easier to store than traditional boards. The kids are able to stand and manuever after just an hour of surfing. I am able to get on my feet but haven't quite got to the full standing position while hte wave was still under me. Another thing that I like about them is that they do not require any wax. Waxing as surfboard would make a mess on the boat.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 08:50   #21

Dinghy storage

Hi Charly,
thanks for replying but I think that there is a misunderstanding.
I was talking about a system to store a dinghy at stern of my bowat without using davits.
The system is offered by Herbomen marine and it is a store away staff when not needed. It seems to me simple and theyy offer it for $ 225.
I`ve added some pics .
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image4051.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	2672   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4061.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	2673  

Name:	image4081.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2674   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4111.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2675  

Name:	image5431.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2676  
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 17:45   #22

Tallboy, Hi, I saw the pics and that is the same system I use on my sailboat. The Dinghy Sling works great and I get a lot of compliments on it. I would recommend them and it was inexpensive when I bought it ~ $235.00 The website I found it on was Dinghysling.com What kind of boat do you have?
Donecomutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 18:12   #23

I've never found a good solution. At the end of the day you've got a great big hunk of useless plastic that doesn't quite fit anywhere. The best I've come up with is strapping it to the outside of my lifelines near the cockpit. It's not in the way there (much) but it does limit visibility and I'm sure the extra windage hurts sailing performance. If blowup or foldable is an option at all I'd say go for it.
Hubec is offline   Reply With Quote