Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 08:47   #31

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: Suzuki DF15 / 20A owners HELP PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbowhunter View Post
HI GANG
I hope this works!!!
I have tried to attach a short video so you can hear the noise in my new df20a I have been describing.
engine is warm, out of gear, engine cover off, you can barely hear it idling and then the noise/whine starts as soon as you go off idle.
if any of you have your df15/20a fuel injected motors in the water, could you PLEASE fire them up, remove the engine cover, and see if it makes the same noise???
you can hear it with the cover on also, but the sound comes thru better on my phone with the cover off!!!!
I sent a copy to my dealer and he forwarded it to Suzuki, but I really need your input as from what I have read on forums, Suzuki service is,well, questionable!
Thanks
Yes, there is something wrong with this motor.
My Suzuki 20A is quiet as a church mouse. No winy noise at all.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:45   #32

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: Suzuki DF15 / 20A owners HELP PLEASE!

We off-loaded the dinghy on Thursday. Some slight whine, doesn't sound to me any different than other outboards. Can't say as it was a noticeable as in your video, but I also can't say that's not because of the differences associated with listening to an internet video vs. real-world (right next to me, on the water) sounds.

With the boat on the trailer, hose/mouse ears attached, and engine running... the sound wasn't noticeable at all when I was flushing the drive.

-Chris

Tags
lease