Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 16:17   #46

Boat: PETERSON 44
Never lift your feet when working with lengthy line or chain. Im going ti rrpeat that later.Im in process off replacing some anchor gear. Peterson 44 with 120' of 5/16. Gets 200' of 3/8 g4 and 220' of deep six braid including the tie off in the anchor locker. Tie off is 5/16 double braid. Putting an eye splice in six plait deep six sucks. Next time I'll pay to have it done. Next time I'll use good 3 strand and nit pay to have the splice. I thunk I will like the way this stuff lays back into the locker but what a pain to splice. Why did I go 3/8 on the chain. I believe in centenary effect. My 5/16 has a spot near mid point that is rusty. Most is good but I hate worrying. Weight can be an issue. This is 325 lbs of chain nit only is it near the bow it's heavy. This could make some operation like clearing a snag or fouled anchor more difficult . Never had a problem with snubbers. I've made some new ones thus year from my old chain plates.
twhile pulling all this line and chain aboard I remember something that is not well taught. Never lift your feet. Shuffle through the deck but never lift your feet when working with lengthy lines or chain. Fishermen know thus but it's not prevalent in the sailing world .
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rode