Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2015, 14:57   #31

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite
Re: Anchor Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggusstickus View Post
Ok latest update is I tried the "normal" Rocna and no hope of fitting so that ruled them out as well as the Mantus. I then downloaded the Vulcan anchor drawings and made up a timber mould and its looking good.

I decided to go ahead and order one and give it a try so will update with photos once it arrives.
We just made the trip from Texas to Florida with another seawind. He has the Vulcan and we have the original rocna . Both have set and held without issue. His fits in the stock anchor slot ready for self launch. Mine goes ice the cross beam and has to be manually dropped. The lewmar delta I had previous was total xrap compared to the rocna original. Used it for three years and rocna now for six years. No regrets and I bought this rocna when they were expensive. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 15:24   #32

Boat: Mustang 3800

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post

It would make photography much easier if all anchors floated .
That would make the new olympus underwater camera I also bought redundant
Biggusstickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 15:27   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade Anchor View Post
Little known fact the CQR anchor shank and our Spade Anchor shank are very similar. If your happy with how the CQR fit on your bow then you would be satisfied with the fit of the Spade anchor. The CQR is the only other anchor on the market that our anchor is direct replacement for.
I would of seriously looked at a spade but could not find any outlets in Tassie, in fact very few in Australia. If the Vulcan is unsuccessful I will certainly look at options with the spade.
Old 14-10-2015, 15:28   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panope View Post
Floating anchors do not set properly unless paired with at least a boat length of floating chain.

Steve

Now thats exactly what i am missing to go on my timber masterpiece lol
Old 14-10-2015, 15:29   #35

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG

Whatever anchor you buy, get one a little bigger rather than a little smaller. An anchor is a piece of safety equipment that should stop and hold your vessel in any conditions.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 15:33   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
Whatever anchor you buy, get one a little bigger rather than a little smaller. An anchor is a piece of safety equipment that should stop and hold your vessel in any conditions.
Yep I went for the Vulcan 20, which according to their specs is comfortable over all my boat specs. The 15 would of covered it ok but as you say 1 size up never hurts
Old 14-10-2015, 21:47   #37

Boat: Lancer 30, Little Jumps

If considering a Mantus but rollbar not fitting...I spoke to Greg at Mantus few years back,
he felt very confident that anchor would perform well without rollbar.
I retired my 35 lb. delta and replaced with a 25 lb. mantus on my 30 fter several years ago.
hugosalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 04:33   #38

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugosalt View Post
If considering a Mantus but rollbar not fitting...I spoke to Greg at Mantus few years back,
he felt very confident that anchor would perform well without rollbar.
I retired my 35 lb. delta and replaced with a 25 lb. mantus on my 30 fter several years ago.
My concern would be " how well'. Rocna says rollbar original still better than Vulcan. But Vulcan is not just original anchor with rollbar removed. If Mantus says rollbar performs similar to having to having it removed then why put it on in first place. Unless ypubare trying to be clear whose higher priced anchor you are copying.
Anchor selection is tough. It's the one area where I wanted the best and not compromise.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 07:29   #39
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggusstickus View Post
I would of seriously looked at a spade but could not find any outlets in Tassie, in fact very few in Australia. If the Vulcan is unsuccessful I will certainly look at options with the spade.
We currently do not have any dealers in Australia. We are shipping directly from France and discounting the overall price to offset the shipping costs. So you can order directly from the factory to Australia.
Spade Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor