Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2024, 09:53   #1

Boat: Beneteau 46
Anchorlift windlass experiences

The gearbox on our 1000w 2007 Quick Antares vertical windless is shot and we're looking for a replacement. All the likely candidates are about $3K or more. Then I stumbled upon Anchorlift and their Mako 1500w model has a similar footprint and is $2200. I haven't seen anything negative about the brand, but OTOH it doesn't seem to get talked about much. Anyone have recent experience with this brand they would like to share? Thanks.
Indolent58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2024, 11:18   #2

Boat: Beneteau 46
Re: Anchorlift windlass experiences

So no replies to my query but for anyone with a similar question I ultimately decided against ordering the Anchorlift. The primary reason is that the motor has no real protection from seawater in the chain locker, especially the power connections. I asked the company about this and they recommend that you give the motor and gearbox a heavy coating of anti-corrosion spray when installing and refresh it periodically. That might be a good idea anyway but IMO it’s not a first line defense against water damage.
Indolent58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2024, 22:03   #3

I have the same question. I ordered an Anchorlift 1000 on July 10th and it still isn't here. I have been searching for customer reviews and I cannot find any either...very strange. I think I am going to call Monday and get a refund.

At first, I really wanted a Lewmar but the reviews on those were not great, lots of rust on the inside very quickly
Max Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2024, 23:57   #4

Boat: Najad 490 1998

I have the Maxwell RC-10 w/Capstan, 8mm gypsy and 1200w motor.

The 8mm RC 10 comes default with 1000w motor, where the 10mm comes with 1200w as standard.

Ours was originally with 10mm galvanised chain but we replaced it with Stainless 8mm chain with same breaking strength - that is why motor is 1200w..

The RC10 is stronger and faster than the previous Lewmar 1500w unit and stays better looking after being outside for a long time.

Only negative is, it is sold through Vetus - and they are (at this moment) not great at stocking spare parts. We put a new deck on and have been waiting 9 weeks now for a replacement gasket.

All the "factory default" remotes/counters etc are the same as Lewmar and many others as most come from AutoAnchor. Solenoid is also "a standard unit" used by others.
kaz911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, enc, lift, wind, windlass