Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 08:16   #1

Can I anchor here?

Hello everyone!

Long time "lurker", occasional poster but I really appreciate all of the information you guys give.

I am planning to build a house on a bay off the St. Johns river in Jacksonville, FL.

There is only one way in and one way out (to the East). The bay is about 1 mile long and half a mile wide. There is almost no boat traffic except for the 5 or so other home owners who have boats at their docks.

How can I find out if I can anchor (moor) my 35' sailboat for weeks or even months at a time?

Thanks!

Bob
rwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:20   #2

Re: Can I anchor here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwayne View Post
Hello everyone!

Long time "lurker", occasional poster but I really appreciate all of the information you guys give.

I am planning to build a house on a bay off the St. Johns river in Jacksonville, FL.

There is only one way in and one way out (to the East). The bay is about 1 mile long and half a mile wide. There is almost no boat traffic except for the 5 or so other home owners who have boats at their docks.

How can I find out if I can anchor (moor) my 35' sailboat for weeks or even months at a time?

Thanks!

Bob
First, ask the neighbors.

Second, it's a pretty relaxed place. The st john's is lined with some of the nicest, easy going people you'll ever find. You'll probably be ok.

Third, check to see if you'll even be able to get in there. It's a river notorious for shoaling and shallows.
cruisersfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor