Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2007, 22:18   #61
Marine Service Provider

Damn I thought it was the new 'Rocna BMW/Oracle'.
No steel in the shank just carbon bits off a recently retired AC boat. Seems to be a waste building a million dollar boat for nothing.

I say recycle recycle recycle.
Anchor shanks from the hull, Day shapes from the sails, sexy waste bins from the winch drums, a flash couple of horse n cart wheels from the steering wheels, kids tent from the spinnakers

But in all seriousness, why would someone cut a slot like that, surely they can just look at it and think it was a bit off. I think it's one of those good in theory but hopeless in practice type things.

I tend to agree with keegan, one moment the lads look like they need to pop off and 'get a room' then the next thing it's pistols at dawn. Premium selection of anchors you have there by the way, nice call.

It just dawned on me! they must be married or it's April 1st
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 04:35   #62
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsmith
A brief refutation.
This photo has been taken yesterday at a big show about an hour south of Auckland (in a town called Hamilton (Mystery Creek Showgrounds), it’s an agricultural/farming/boating show. It is called Fieldays.

It was a brand new anchor on a brand new boat. From the looks of this it was made by Rocna too as it was all professionally lasercut.

If following your refutation, it is not made by ROCNA, I will suggest you, Craig, to have a rapid look at it and to take all necessary measures to stop a new anchor manufaturer from New Zealand, to make fake copies of your anchor!
Old 18-06-2007, 04:51   #63
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan
Spade vs. Rocna....
Spade A140 Got the award of Secondary or Stern
Hi Keegan,

If you read again carefully all my posts, you will realize that it is not Spade vs. Rocna..

I’ not PROMOTING any anchor.. (including the Spade one) .. I’m not publishing any link to any web page advertising about products I have designed.. etc..

What I’m doing here (and in other Nautical forums too) is to (try to) stop an anchor manufacturer who is writing FAKE information about his products..
- such as the (modified) results of the West Marine/Sail anchor test..
- such as the fact that the Manson Supreme is copying the Rocna… (I do not have any financial or commercial relation with Manson.) – etc..

It is interesting, also for myself, to debate with any anchor designer or manufacturer, but only if they are fair and if they are not publishing fake info..

And many thanks to have put the aluminium Spade as your secondary or stern anchor.. it was designed for this purpose..

Have a safe and peaceful anchoring..

Alain
Old 18-06-2007, 06:33   #64
Marine Service Provider

Ah well that speaks volumes, why didn't you say?

Anyway, Alain, really we can be friends. Like you so eloquently put it, we also think slotted shanks are a terrible concept. We have never made a Rocna with a slot, and suspect the owner of this anchor has. Or was it Mr Photoshop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain d'HYLAS
(I do not have any commercial or financial relation with the Manson company)
A pity that didn't work out, isn't it? Well I suppose we should be pleased they instead chose another type to copy, perhaps it says something about the product...

Now we know there's no commercial or financial relation, but as to a personal relationship with people who have a nice little history of apparently fabricating their own version of the truth, perhaps you should check your sources more thoroughly?

craigsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 07:33   #65
Eternal Member

Well Craig

Instead of making as usual personal attacks, against Mr Photoshop - why do not publish an (plausible) explanation, explaining the origin of this anchor in the Fieldays agricultural/farming/boating show??.

Perhaps this anchor has been made by the same guy who has “modified” the test holding curves published by both Sail and Yachting Monthly??

Tags
fortress