Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2019, 10:20   #1

Boat: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCA
Mantus bridle/snubber and chain hook

Spent the last four nights on the hook in two different anchorages and found our new Mantus bridle/snubber and chain hook to be working just fine.

We have the medium size b/s (41 foot Maxium aft cabin cruiser) and the only comment I have is that the length of each leg of the b/s seems long, putting a lot of line in the water leading down to the chain attachment. Are last two anchor spots were in 6 and 10 feet of water. In low or no wind conditions, the chain hook and even part of the b/s would be resting on the bottom. To prevent this from happening we secured the b/s just after the 'middle' chaffing material to our bow cleats. This gave a more reasonable length to the b/s we thought.

I was all set to get one of the original Mantus chain hooks - had seen them around for a while, the design looked strong, but with the new M2 out we jumped at that. I think that the older style might be a little easier to attach to the chain (simple slide through) than the M2 which you have to 'hook' on. I found I needed to have plenty of slack in the chain to make it easy to align the chain so it was easy to get the hook on

Bridle/snubber https://www.mantusmarine.com/mantus-bridle/
M2 Chain hook https://www.mantusmarine.com/m2-chain-hook/
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bridle, Mantus