Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58   #1

Mantus in Canada

Good afternoon,

I just want to post my experience with getting a new 45lbs Mantus M2 shipped from the US to Ontario.

Delivery was relatively fast but beside paying the distributor $54 USD for shipping, I also got an additional invoice from Fedex for tax and duty of $153.15.

I'm not complaining about the anchor or the shipping but I could have went with my first choice of Excel #5 from the Canadian distributor. The Canadian Mantus distributor was truly useless.

So on a purchase invoice of $582 USD ($745 Cdn), the anchor did cost me $898 Cdn. Just something to be aware when considering which anchor to buy. The cost of getting the anchor to my door above the price of the anchor itself was $221 Cdn. Thank dog, the border just reopened.
Catbrass5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:14   #2

Re: Mantus in Canada

Mantus clearly shows its Dealers and Retailers:

https://www.mantusmarine.com/distributors/

There you'll see in Canda Marine Mart is a retailer. After going to www.marinemart.ca I can see that I can have one shipped to my house.

I'm not clear on what the difficulties were for you to purchase one. What was the need to import one yourself??
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:02   #3

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Sounds like you went the hard way to get a Mantus. I ordered mine from

https://www.entrepotmarinemart.com/

cost me $762 CAD for my 55lb version in 2017
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:52   #4

I sent an email to MarineMart and didn’t get a reply. After a couple weeks, I phoned and was told that the M2 wasn’t available. They wanted to sell me what they had in stock, the M1. I asked them to order a 45 lbs M2 for me and their reply was "No, we can’t get them".
So, I went "The hard way" and ordered it from the US distributor. They had stock, and they shipped pretty quickly.
I know we have to pay HST but it was more like 23%.
Catbrass5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 17:19   #5

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbrass5 View Post
I sent an email to MarineMart and didn’t get a reply. After a couple weeks, I phoned and was told that the M2 wasn’t available. They wanted to sell me what they had in stock, the M1. I asked them to order a 45 lbs M2 for me and their reply was "No, we can’t get them".
So, I went "The hard way" and ordered it from the US distributor. They had stock, and they shipped pretty quickly.
I know we have to pay HST but it was more like 23%.
Yes, depending on the shipper, customs fees can be either a flat rate or a percentage of the value of the item!
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 17:26   #6

Boat: Farr 50 Pilothouse

I had a similar unexpected fee when I ordered my Excel from Canada to the US. I paid it, but it would have been nice to know it was coming. Unfortunately, there are no Excel dealers in the US.
Muaddib1116 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Canada, Mantus