Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 03:13   #16

Boat: Amel 50
Re: Mooring Hook

I bought the Wichard mooring hook. It is supposed to work with any boat hook. I have not tried it yet.

It is similar to the other Wichard hook posted earlier, except that it does not need a holding base on the boat hook. I hope it works...

boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:04   #17

Boat: Outremer 45/pdq36

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom23 View Post
I bought the Wichard mooring hook. It is supposed to work with any boat hook. I have not tried it yet.

It is similar to the other Wichard hook posted earlier, except that it does not need a holding base on the boat hook. I hope it works...
Enough

I have this one , and it does work . The only caveat is that if you are in a circling wind that occurs when really close to shore behind a hill and have a support bridle for a pole etc they can interfere wit each other . Tons of boats in. The French islands use them . As for price it depends on the price of the lines you don’t destroy. Last year in Dominica I sat on one of these overnight in winds up to about 30. I rigged safety lines but kept the full load on the hook . When I inspected the hook afterwards there was no sign of deformation
Old 24-05-2019, 09:14   #18

Boat: Alberg 30

You get some fun results when you google this. LOL. It is a PANTHER HAPPY HOOKER. Google that if you do not want to go down the rabbit hole.
Nibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 11:44   #19

Boat: Allweather 26

Just got my new Mantus mooring hook/snap. This is heavy duty. It is not automatic but I can lift my mooring ball to attach it directly to a ring. It comes in two sizes 1/2" and 5/8", this is the smaller.
fritzdfk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mooring