Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2022, 11:11   #1

Boat: Boreal 47
Stripper design for Lofrans Tigress windlass

Over the years, I have had issues with the stripper of my Lofrans Tigres windlass bending and not working right. I have straightened it a couple of times to get it going again, but finally decided to make a better stripper. I was fortunate enough to meet Pedr from S/V Maizuru in Bocas del Toro. He had all the tools needed to make my design reality.

My windlass has a 12 mm gypsy, which I think is unusual for the Tigres. In fact, I may have a modified stripper for 10 mm chain for this gypsy which might be part of the problem. Anyway, I made designs for a range of different gypsies. A document describing the designs can be found here:
http://www.svamanda.dk/files/windlas...s/stripper.pdf
This will probably also be useful in the case where the mounting point for the stripper on the windlass body corrodes since this version can be mounted on the deck instead of on the windlass body.

I also attached the document in case you have problems opening the link.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stripper.pdf (44.4 KB, 81 views)
BjarneK is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lofrans, wind, windlass