Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2019, 14:21   #1

Best cruising guides for FL to Aus

This is a bit of a beast of a request, but later this year we(me, wife, 10yo son) will be leaving florida to cruise around the world. To get started I am trying to compile a good list of cruising guides to get as far as Australia. The course would be the fairly typical FL, Bahamas, DR, PR, Carib, winward, leeward, maybe some islands off venezuela, ABC's, Columbia, Panama, Galapagos, and the Coconut Milk run basically to Australia.

I have compiled a list already from amazon and from things i have collected to put on my google drive, but I am all ears for recommended guides. Keep in mind we are first timers. We want to cruise not race. I am expecting 8 years or so to make it a full trip. Once in australia i plan to get more guides, etc so I am only looking to get to that point. Here is what i have so far. If there is something free great, but I am happy to buy something if it is highly recommended. You will see below most of what i have is going to be bought from amazon.

Florida
BahamasDRPRCaribbeanVenezuelaABC Islands
ColumbiaPanamaWest to australia
If this gets built up nicely maybe mods can make it sticky as i am sure i am not alone.
argo42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, cruising guides