Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 12:00   #1

How to import GPX files onto B&G Zeus chart plotter

Hi,
I have read a few things concerning the issue I have but none really dealing with the problem I am explaining here.

I sail on different boats and usually try to save my tracks in order to reuse them. Especially if I'm sailing again in an area that I don't know well.

Therefore I save the tracks under GPX extension as it is the most widespread format I believe. However, I am currently on a boat that is equipped with a B&G Zeus chart plotter, and I can't find how to import those GPX files. In fact I don't see any mention of "import" at all.

Does anyone know how I could read my saved tracks on this plotter?
If GPX import is not possible, is there a format that would work ? If yes, which format? And which soft would convert my GPX files into this format?

I'd be very thankful is some one could help me on this.

Cheers to all
LV
LaVoileuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47   #2

Re: How to import GPX files onto B&G Zeus chart plotter

Menu (the 9-box box in the upper-left corner) > Storage > Memory card (assuming you put the file on the SD card)

Choose the SD card directory (if applicable) and then tap on the file. It will give you the option to import.
b_ohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46   #3

Thank you b_ohare for your answer. Unfortunately, if this was possible and that simple, I would have found it. My files in fact do not appear on my SD card. Which leads me to think that the B&G Zeus3 does not read GPX files.
Cheers
LaVoileuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09   #4

Odd as I've imported many .gpx files on Zeus 3 and Zeus 3S. If, as you say, you put the .gpx file on the SD card but when you look at the directory structure under Storage, you don't see the file, I'm wondering if there could be special/hidden characters in the filename the chartplotter is having a problem with. Perhaps try renaming the file something simple like tracks.gpx. Do you see any other files on that card (e.g., Navionics charts)?

Another option that's more complicated: download both https://www.easygps.com/ and https://www.gpsbabel.org/.
1. Open the .gpx file in EasyGPS
2. Save the .gpx file in EasyGPS
3. Convert the .gpx file in GPSBabel (Input Format: GPX XML; Translation Options: Waypoints and Routes checked; Output Format: Lowrance USR; output file name must have .usr extension)
4. Copy .usr file to SD card
5. On chartplotter: Storage > Memory card > .usr file
b_ohare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import