Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2018, 07:07   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Import/Export Navionics iPad data??

Having read everyone rave about Navionics, I decided to spend the money on the app. I am hitting a major usability problem. The Navionics website says importing and exporting off their software is not supported.

Has anyone found a work around to import or export data into/out of the app?

My usual preparation is to layout my delivery routes and add "weather waypoints". The all waypoints are then loaded into my inReach. So on a long delivery, I can select a "weather waypoint" on the inReach, and send out for a forecast for that spot.

Yes I know I can manually enter the waypoints. But of all my skills, data entry is not my strongest.

Is there a Navionics Guru that can assist?
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 07:58   #2

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35
Re: Import/Export Navionics iPad data??

If you save routes in Navionics either via their web app or their mobile app, those routes are available in your account, and with the right chartplotter and set-up you can even send them direct to the MFD.

Export can also be done to email, google drive, dropbox etc..

From there how you get it onto the inReach is another matter.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 07:47   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
If you save routes in Navionics either via their web app or their mobile app, those routes are available in your account, and with the right chartplotter and set-up you can even send them direct to the MFD.

Export can also be done to email, google drive, dropbox etc..

From there how you get it onto the inReach is another matter.

I am missing a step here. How do you export? Using the MFD or through the Navionics software? Did not see an export option in the software
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 08:06   #4

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Open your app. I'm on iOS so it might differ slightly to android.

At the bottom where you have "Route" "Start" and "Menu". Select Menu.

You should now have a list that reads:
Inbox
Tracks
Routes
Markers

Click on whatever it is you are looking for. For example Route.

You should now have a list of all your routes with the route name on the left and a little "i" icon on the right.

If you click on the route name it takes you back to the map and shows your route. You don't want that. Instead click on the "i" icon. This is very fiddly and you have to get it dead on.

Once you click on the "i" icon you get a screen showing you details of the route, length, times, fuel consumption etc..

At the very top of the screen on the left there is a "back" button, on the right there is a square with an arrow coming out of it. That is the export button.

Clicking the export button will then present a list of options for export. These will be different depending on your device.

Hope that helps. Sorry I couldn't easily show the process in pictures.

p.s I also just checked on an old version of the boating HD app on Android and there isn't an export link, so make sure that your app is up to date.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, Ipad, navionics