Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 15:42   #31

Boat: Hunter 2003 356 - Persistence
iNavX charts disappeared (Navionics)

It was my Navionics charts. I thought it was a subscription issue and renewed. I have gone to the site and can't find the new charts. Mine still say "Navionics 1xG All of USA and Northern Bahamas - IPhone or IPad- Current Edition"

After I reloaded them all, they are on both devices. I like INavX because it integrates with my Digital Yacht AIS wirelessly.

I wish Navionics would integrate AIS wirelessly too. I like both apps there are some advantages to both. I still use my Pathfinder 70C Plus Raymarine system and chartplotter to drive my Autopilot. And for radar integration.
J Clark H356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 18:10   #32

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: iNavX charts disappeared (Navionics)

Hmmm, so far all the reports of disappearing chart collections have to do with Navionics. Fugawi's own fix it page uses Navionics as the example ... It's looking suspiciously like their Navionics collections are screwed up.

I wonder how many people this has affected.
Old 03-07-2017, 20:46   #33

Boat: Jeanneau 54DS

This just came in from iNavX support.

"Thanks for reaching out Jean, I'm sorry that you are experiencing that problem.

I am referring you to Fugawi / X-Traverse support who have reported success in solving this temporary issue on a case by case basis. Since their support team is getting a number of cases concerning this topic, there may be a moderate delay in responding during their regular operating times of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm EST. A support response will be faster if you send along to support@x-traverse.com your exact email account name used to login at Fugawi.com, the affected chart title, and forward any receipt email you may have archived from either @fugawi.com or from the iTunes App Store indicating the chart title and purchase date.

iNavX Support
Jim"
Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 21:42   #34

Boat: Rayvin 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Hmmm, so far all the reports of disappearing chart collections have to do with Navionics. Fugawi's own fix it page uses Navionics as the example ... It's looking suspiciously like their Navionics collections are screwed up.

I wonder how many people this has affected.

Yes Mike, I use Navionics. Africa and Indian Ocean.
SteveG58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:53   #35

Boat: Jeanneau 54DS

Follows automated message from Fugawi with steps to try and recover the charts. It seems that the trick is to SLOWLY drag down the top of the screen until the charts refresh. Apparently a slow internet connection can create problems when attempting to do it.

"

*** For users of iNavX + Fugawi.com charts, here is the current "Hit List" of issues & fixes ***

(1) Chart titles seem to have disappeared under iNavX 5.0.9 "My Charts" screen... It may help to restart the iOS device; and then set it to have only Wi-Fi enabled for Internet access (for the next few minutes, disable 3G / 4G cellular data, if applicable). With that done, enter iNavX again. On the "My Charts" screen, finger drag the whole screen down to refresh it. If the chart title re-appear, access its individual charts again. See the illustrated solution: https://www.fugawi.com/knowledge_base/document/IX14215

However... There is a chance these steps will not help and that you need some Fugawi.com account adjustments made. As long as we know your proper Fugawi.com email login name, we can quickly make adjustments once we are back in the office on Tuesday. We will email you back and then the steps above will resolve the issue.
Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 00:25   #36
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Miura 31

I have sent Fugawi a direct email as well as one forwarded on to their support desk via iNavX and had zero feedback as yet. Could those affected by this magical act of charts just disappearing at the stroke of a clock hand, please just drop all a note when you have heard from this useless company and had your problem resolved. Much appreciated!
John
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:58   #37

Boat: Oyster 66

Mine got fixed. Support gave me a message along the lines of Phoenician's post, but I think they basically activated my subscription as I got the latest charts when I downloaded them.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:15   #38
Marine Service Provider

Thanks poiu
Old 05-07-2017, 05:12   #39

My fix was the same. The re-activate my charts and extended my subscription. I did try their slow slidy solution first but it didn't work.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:43   #40

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44 Ofshore

I liked inavx at one time. In fact, it was the only thing that kept me at all in the i-thing camp, as I came to realize how superior the Android platform could be. When inavx started giving me fits enough to make me walk away for good was about the time that the first port of OpenCPN for Android came out. My iphone and all associated gear went in the trash. Now I have four Samsung Note 3s, IMHO the best phone Samsung ever made, all rooted and running custom ROM, and OCPN works flawlessly with free NOAA charts or CM93. OpenCPN also runs great on my Linux laptops and there is a WinDOHs version as well, though of course I have never used it. There might be a Mac version, I don't remember. But it runs great on Ubuntu, I can tell you that.

Did I mention that OCPN is open source, and free? Yeah just like Linux.

Not saying a move to OCPN is the only answer, and possibly turning off updates on your iThing will solve all your iNavx problems. But it is something to think about.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:47   #41

Boat: 46' custom cat "Rum Doxy", Roughwater 41"Abreojos"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsailor View Post
I am up here in Prince William Sound in AK without the charts I need. A real bummer.
A good fix for your situation would be to download OpenCPN and then download the free NOAA charts for your region. You can get both raster and vector. You don't get the whiz-bang features of a commercial product, but you do get greater accuracy. Not all of the information on the source charts (NOAA) gets incorporated into commercial charts. In addition, this would enable you to make Google Earth charts of the entire area, adding another layer of detail as well as showing the most recent extent of tidewater glaciers.

The best part? It's all free, it will never disappear on you and you never have to mess with Navionics again.

www.sailblogs.com/member/rumdoxy

Come to the dark side. We have donuts.
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:03   #42
Marine Service Provider

So, just had an email from Andre at x-travers (or whoever he works for), to say my charts that disappeared have been re-activated and I must just follow his instructions to get them to display again. Did that twice - now ALL my purchased charts have evaporated into the electronic ether! This is the third time this has happened and I am really pee'd off! Let's see what happens next!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:26   #43
Marine Service Provider

So, after a few to-and-fro emails I have deleted iNavX, re-loaded it from scratch and can now see my charts after Andre at support created a new account for me. All appears to be working once again. However, we will see for how long this lasts! John
Old 05-07-2017, 14:22   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
So, after a few to-and-fro emails I have deleted iNavX, re-loaded it from scratch and can now see my charts after Andre at support created a new account for me. All appears to be working once again. However, we will see for how long this lasts! John

Glad you got your issue solved, but as you say, for how long... This is the problem I now face. Andre told me he didn't think the problem would re occur. But he wouldn't state that it won't. I appreciate the honesty, but it doesn't really inspire much confidence.
Old 05-07-2017, 14:41   #45

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereed100 View Post
A good fix for your situation would be to download OpenCPN and then download the free NOAA charts for your region. You can get both raster and vector. You don't get the whiz-bang features of a commercial product, but you do get greater accuracy. Not all of the information on the source charts (NOAA) gets incorporated into commercial charts. In addition, this would enable you to make Google Earth charts of the entire area, adding another layer of detail as well as showing the most recent extent of tidewater glaciers.

The best part? It's all free, it will never disappear on you and you never have to mess with Navionics again.
Mike, I think this would be a great electronic backup for you^^^^^^. Later, as you move out of North America, some kindly cruiser will let you copy their CM93 charts, some raster, some vector, for the whole rest of the world! Be sure to make a backup. Yes, some of those charts are long in the tooth, now, but the land masses, rocks, and wrecks are pretty stable, and where they aren't, it's marked on the chart!

Ann

Tags
charts, iNavX, navionics