Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2023, 07:50   #1

Question MX Mariner APP

Hi folks

After rebuilding my android phone, I've had to reload MX Mariner, a low priced navigation APP with good charts.

I have off line route, track and waypts backed up as GPX files on my PC but cannot find a way to import them to the MX Mariner APP.

Does anyone have any experience of pointing MX Mariner at a GPX backup as there is nothing listed under the Marks Manager despite numerous GPX backups being on the same drive.

I suspect that the GPX backup has to be in the associated APP data file but, as far as I can remember, it's hidden. Is there any other way of picking uploading the GPX files(s)

Many TIA

SailorTel
Terry Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:05   #2

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: MX Mariner APP

I have MX Mariner, and like it... but I've not ever tried to use it that way so can't help on that.

FWIW, we also have and use Aqua Map, partly because the MX Mariner charts we use (NOAA, in the U.S.) are raster... and I'm trying to wean myself from those (as NOAA has begun to step away from raster) and I'm aiming to use vector charts more often. And then partly because Aqua Map has some other features we use (USACE survey data, anchor alarm, etc.). I've exported a GPX track, so I assume I could import one too.

-Chris
Old 04-08-2023, 09:35   #3

Boat: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCA
Re: MX Mariner APP

You might try loading the .gpx routes into the 'downloaded' file folder on your phone. Then select the .gpx files and use the 'open with' function to choose your MX Mariner. I'd recommend using the 'only this time' option when opening the .gpx file, that way, if you decided to use a different NAV app in the future you won't have to go into your phone's settings and change the 'open with' default for .gpx type files.
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine