Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2022, 04:28   #16

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy, Monsun, 31'
Re: Navionics app for iPad phased out

Thank you All for, advice and assistance.

I have now orderered a new tablet that will arrive on Friday. The old iPad will semi-retire and be used for more basic purposes.

Martin
S/Y DAX
Martin Sigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2022, 07:51   #17

Boat: 43' Albin Sundeck

It always amazes me that people will spend big money to buy a boat but cringe at paying a little money, in comparison, at keep the boat safe.

Do you think that accurate, timely navigation info is important to you and your crew and would help in keeping the boat safe?

Even if you could reload the old you won't have accurate charts and accurate charts in today's world usually includes chart depths. How many times would you like to run aground to offset the cost of a new tablet or computer?

Be a little smarter and toss the old out and get a new whatever isomething.

You could save money by going to a PC or android. Look there instead of where you are headed.
Nepidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2022, 08:23   #18

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepidae View Post
It always amazes me that people will spend big money to buy a boat but cringe at paying a little money, in comparison, at keep the boat safe.

Do you think that accurate, timely navigation info is important to you and your crew and would help in keeping the boat safe?

Even if you could reload the old you won't have accurate charts and accurate charts in today's world usually includes chart depths. How many times would you like to run aground to offset the cost of a new tablet or computer?

Be a little smarter and toss the old out and get a new whatever isomething.

You could save money by going to a PC or android. Look there instead of where you are headed.
Talk about condescending.

Maybe the OP only sails locally? Or maybe they are short on funds and can’t afford brand spanking new equipment.

“Be a little smarter” and re-read your comment before coming across as an a$$.

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2022, 07:46   #19

Boat: 43' Albin Sundeck

Thank you for informative response to the issue.

IF you have spent a lot of money to buy the boat, why would anyone shortchange the cost to keep it safe.

Old charts are not safe, and it was reported that the current situation couldn't be updated. Hence a hazard situation.

I feel the safer people are on the water the fewer issues will arise and it may help keep me safe out there with them and also help 1st responders with their job as well.

Anyone who wants to soft peddle or tap-dance around safety, be my guest, that isn't me.

BTW, I re-read this post as I do all my post.

Seems that the person who posted also posted the purchase of a new tablet. Smart move on their part.
Nepidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2022, 08:29   #20

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy, Monsun, 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepidae View Post
Thank you for informative response to the issue.

IF you have spent a lot of money to buy the boat, why would anyone shortchange the cost to keep it safe.

Old charts are not safe, and it was reported that the current situation couldn't be updated. Hence a hazard situation.

I feel the safer people are on the water the fewer issues will arise and it may help keep me safe out there with them and also help 1st responders with their job as well.

Anyone who wants to soft peddle or tap-dance around safety, be my guest, that isn't me.

BTW, I re-read this post as I do all my post.

Seems that the person who posted also posted the purchase of a new tablet. Smart move on their part.
It sounds to me that you should try and get yourself a life, instead of wasting your time on trying to be a smart-ss on the web. I would kindly ask you not to continue commenting on my posts in Cruiser's Forum.
Martin Sigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2022, 08:46   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Sigge View Post
It backed it self up after I deleted the app. Would there be an older backup to be found?
Look in your App Store and see if it’s still located in your Cloud.
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Ipad, navionics