Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2020, 22:54   #151

Re: New Android Sailing App : SailFreeGPS

Hello,

Course control is a free function, like 90% of the app...
I will only speak about free ones from now on.

PS: I created a premium version because CF users (and others) asked me to do it !!!

Fred
Old 06-07-2020, 00:28   #152

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: New Android Sailing App : SailFreeGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred31 View Post
Hello,

Course control is a free function, like 90% of the app...
I will only speak about free ones from now on.

PS: I created a premium version because CF users (and others) asked me to do it !!!

Fred
Sorry, that's not good enough for the "powers that be".

Just FYI, I once posted here about a couple of simple free Android application I developed in response to members here asking about the existence of such an app. One displayed a small ad across the bottom of the screen.

I was told by the mods that , it was commercial software and I would have to change my status to "Commercial Member" if I wanted to post about it and then I could only post about it in the Commercial Posts area They've since changed the name to " Marine Service Provider" but their rules are still the same.

Specifically, I was told:
This membership category has always covered everyone offering a marine related service or product. Everyone from charities, members with free products, members simply operating only on a non-profit basis to benefit other cruisers or to help cover costs, to full scale commercial operators. The user title has now been changed from 'Commercial Member' to 'Marine Service Provider'.

If you read the Forum Rules, you will see what that actually means:

Any member with a marine-related product, service or company, whether for profit or not for profit, may make a request to become a Marine Service Provider Member. This status may also be designated at our discretion.
  • Avatars may not reflect or promote a product, business or service.
  • Marine Service Providers may have their business name incorporated into their signature in standard forum font (size 2). Signatures may not contain any other commercial information.
  • A single link to their business may be included in their profile as their “Home Page URL”, but nowhere else.
  • Marine Service Providers may not use any section of the forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case may not quote prices or post links, images, videos or contact details in support of that response.
  • Marine Service Providers are not permitted to discuss competitors or their products.
Based on my experience and the way they have written the rules, they just don't want this type of thread on CF at all.
Closed Thread

Tags
gps, sail, sailing