Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 23:24   #1

Route Transfer E90W ?

On my old Rymarine c90 I could transfer routes with openCPN and Seaclear, now doing it with e90w nothing happens. I know the NMEA WPL/RTE datagrams are received in the plotter (), but it refuses to accept it as a route. I've tried contact Raymarine support, which was a wast of time.

Anyone here who has managed transfer routes through NMEA to Raymarine e90w?

cheers,

PS: I was a happy user of openCPN but I've switched to Mac and I'm really missing it.
gungner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35   #2

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
I know that this doesn't answer your question directly - but have you tried using the SeatalkHS (100mbit Ethernet) interface on the E90W via TCP/IP? as far as I'm aware it appears that the HS interface is the preferred route data transfer option for the new E series plotters - it also permits direct connection to the charts on the plotter so your nav software can share the data on the one CF located on the plotter.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50   #3

thanks, but to use seatalkHS you need raymarines RaytechRNS, it doesn't work with any other navigation SW (i think at least) I've tried RaytechRNS (the free planing version) and I hate it, the real one cost you an arm and leg.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:07   #4

one more thing, e90w is not supported by RaytechRNS. e90w was pushed to the market far too soon, my old c70 had more features then e90w. You can't have two windows, one with north up and the other with course up, with c70 you could. Transfer routes through NMEA don't work. There is a fan inside e90w that makes a lot of noise, you hear it going in light wind for sure. The best part is the touch screen, but I would never ever buy the e90w again for sure.