Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2021, 06:34   #1

Boat: Nordic 44
Simrad Insight charts

My 8 yr old NSS8 Simrad MFD came with their Insight charts. I sail primarily in the Chesapeake Bay. On a recent cruise up Tangier Sound I saw that the chart displayed wildly inconsistent depths in the Sound where my Aqua Map ipad chart did not. These inconsistencies were very shallow depths right adjacent or surrounding deep water depths. Like say 56’ surrounded by 5’. These shallow depths were scattered through areas of deep water. Also in a triangle approaching The Crisfield entrance channel, it showed a series of 15-16’ water depths where the water by paper and AM showed 2-3’. I have no confidence in the system any longer and intend to replace the charts probably with Navionics, assuming compatibility. Has anyone else experienced this and which charts do you run on Simrad NSS MFD?
pitlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, simrad