Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2019, 09:54   #1

Boat: Royal Cape Catamaran 53 ft 20 tons
Transferring A Route From PredictWind onto my CP?

I recently fitted the latest Ray marine Axiom pro chart plotter. I also recently subscribed to predictWind pro version. I don't yet have my iridium go which I'll purchase in about 3 months time. I'm trying to transfer my predictWind route from my Samsung tablet onto my Raymarine chart plotter. As option one, I've tried to export using the predictWind export function. I downloaded Active captain but couldn't get it to interface with my CP. Is it because active captain is a Garmin product so wont interface with Raymarine or should they be able to communicate? I've failed to achieve the desired transfer of the route. The second option is to save my route onto a SD card and then manually transfer it to the CP via the SD card. However, when I save it, the tablet doesn't give me an option to save it onto the device or, as I'd like to do, onto the SD card. A laptop would give one that functionality which my tablet wont.

Any advise and suggestions will be appreciated.
YPSILANTI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
route, wind