Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2018, 08:17   #1

Which Reeds Almanac And Why?

Hi everyone,

We've just bought our first cruiser and will be mooring in Cardigan, West Wales, UK. I'm looking at which Reeds Almanac to get and need help making the decision please.

Do I get the Western which covers all the west coast of Scotland England and Wales as well as the whole of Ireland, OR do I get the Atlantic which covers the whole of Europe?

My thoughts are, we probably won't be straying too far so the western will suffice but at only £10 more is the whole of Europe a better buy? Will the level of detail for the western areas be better in the western almanac and condensed in the Europe almanac? Will the detail in the Europe almanac be just the same but far more of it?

Any help will be greatly received, thank you.
theboywiggans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24   #2

Re: Which Reeds Almanac And Why?

I've never looked in detail at the Western version, but the 'full' version is packed with 130 pages of useful stuff ranging from navigation to first aid. I sometimes browse these sections as a form of refresher.

If the Western version does not contain this information, it may be worth the extra £10 to have it at hand at all times.
wiekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:04   #3

Re: Which Reeds Almanac And Why?

ok thats ta. I think I need to go and find them in a shop to have a thumb through, problem is theres nothing nearby so I'm only going on internet adverts.
theboywiggans is offline   Reply With Quote