Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2014, 02:02   #16

Boat: Seaway 25
Re: Wireless Instruments We are about to have a cheap alternative

I'm only trying to be helpful and yet your reply sounds like your knocking the idea before they even produce the first one and if you only read websites and never ask questions you'll get no where in my case I'm only too happy to fork out the $350 and again like i said they suggested the E reader even gave me a list which would be compatible the main reason for the e reader is it can be easily read in daylight or night for that matter and there are a number of waterproof easily mounted clear boxes as far as the solar light you would switch it on and off exactly is you would the instrument wether it be the sail timer or tacktick using a wireless control In fact have found someone already playing with this idea just sent them an email on the website it says the light can be used for navigation the batteries last three to five years switching on everynight and off at dusk this wouldn't worry me as wether i'm on my mooring or at sea why would this bother you they have 2 versons one you can see for 1 mile the other for three the one mile solar powered light with battery weighs in at 1lb that a lot less weight than hard wiring in fact I'm going to buy too soo if one plays up for anyreason I'll just climb the mast using my mountain climbing gear and swap the unit by the way using the mountain climbing gear means means you dont need big winches to lift someone up they do it them selves my mate went up the other day to thetop of his compass 28 mast he's 77yrs old I'm not going to include the name of the site for the light you''ll just find something wrong with them too
yachtsman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 02:08   #17

Noticed when you asked about there android they only talked about there windvane which is no longer available because the new sail timer will be the top of the range they no longer produce the windvane as I said you need to ask them not rely on a website and if you dont like the unit thats fine nobody trusted TACKTICK when it first hit the market in fact some people even thought the earth was flat I like to look ahead not stand stagnet
Old 23-03-2014, 03:21   #18

Thought you might like these

I have more if you run out again
bornyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 05:18   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornyesterday View Post
Thought you might like these

I have more if you run out again
I gave up trying to follow his posts
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 07:22   #20

I must admit I was a little worried when I had difficulty signing in to this site a couple of times then you find answers to the above like children playing at school funny you yanks don't like any competition and seem to like bully tactics very sad in deed this is my last time i'll be coming here its a pity when all i tried to do is pass on a cheap alternative to Tacktick instruments and all i got back was why nothing i suggested would work and now we find both suggestions are being built as we speak by 2 differant companies neither of which are in the USA hardly surprising when again may i say it men acting like children
Old 23-03-2014, 09:26   #21

I sincerely apologise for the offence that my attempt at humour has given and I hope you won't abandon the forum because of it.

Please don't blame our cousins the Yanks for my offence.

If you haven't already guessed the awful truth - I'm a Pom.
Sorry... hope that doesn't make it worse?
bornyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 17:28   #22

I've found when ever i come to this site and have tried to pass on some helpful imformation other members seem to have to much time on there hands and try to shoot down what ever i suggest by trying to poke holes in the idea instead of constructive its always in the negative.
So I've decided to just go sailing and let you grumpy old men ponder the fun I'm having where we can sail all year round in nearly perfect sailing conditions I race my yacht three times a week in Summer and two times a week in Winter when ever you are working on a wednesday we have a sailing competition shared by two clubs every week of the year except Christmas happy sailing

Tags
cheap, men, rum