Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 08:10   #31
Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariness View Post
They don't say you can't defend yourself. What they DO say, is what items that could be used for less-honorable reasons may be brought into their borders. The officials at check-in have no way of knowing if you have the gun "just in case" of severe need for self-defense, or if you have it because you hold up banks or shoot people for fun.
So, I guess the alternatives are: laws controlling guns/weaponry brought into the country; OR, complete personality and psychiatric work-up plus background check for every person entering. I know which one sounds better (not to mention cheaper) to me.
Quite right and understandable, I sometimes forget that there are people in the world who are totally irresponsible with firearms. My main fear about carrying my weapons is that one day i may have to kill someone,but a greater fear than that is they may hurt me.I certainly don't want to have someones death on my conscience but I would much rather have that then to have no conscience.While on land in another country I dont see a need to bring my guns on land, that's what the locals are for.So I get the point about the their land their rules bit,but if I leave my weapons onboard in my safe whats the problem?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:10   #32

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
If someones got firearms very risky to do anything, and I personally wouldn't go there

Smalltime thieves and burglars could probably be approached safely using CS gas and/or extendible batons.

By the way even if Australian customs have knuckledusters on their list I suspect the repercussions upon discovery thereof would probably be rather light in comparison to a loaded gun being found.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16   #33
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
All I want to know is, if I have to declare my weapons to a false authority just to get some fuel and pasta?
It's not about fuel and pasta. It's about respect. When you came into my waters, you must respect my laws, my authority, and my people. If you can't do that, get your fuel and pasta elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:23   #34
Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
It's not about fuel and pasta. It's about respect. When you came into my waters, you must respect my laws, my authority, and my people. If you can't do that, get your fuel and pasta elsewhere.
Has nothing to do with respect,it has everything to do with self preservation. We don't know each other so why would you show me any respect. Respect is earned not given freely.But i think you may have used the wrong word,I think you meant to say obedience which in that case yea I have none. But I do have plenty of money to buy and help the local economy grow.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27   #35

Location: Ft. Pierce, FL - Bislig, Philippines - Gladstone QLD
Boat: 1968 Alberg 30 #329
Exactly how thorough is a search by authorities? What would be to you, a normal search and what would be a full blown search? Do they look under the fuel or water tanks under the sole?

Are dogs trained to sniff for drugs or are they trained to sniff everything? I cant imagine a dog could sniff out a metal (or plastic) gun. I could be wrong and I probably am.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33   #36
Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
Exactly how thorough is a search by authorities? What would be to you, a normal search and what would be a full blown search? Do they look under the fuel or water tanks under the sole?

Are dogs trained to sniff for drugs or are they trained to sniff everything? I cant imagine a dog could sniff out a metal (or plastic) gun. I could be wrong and I probably am.
That's what I am saying I don't intend to go to some foreign land and colonize it through force. I just want to protect my property. And I don't use any drugs, alcohol included, and I am generally a pleasant guy wanting to see other cultures and lands.Totally peaceful till provoked; like mostly everyone.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40   #37

Quote:

There certainly are gun-dogs, and drug-dogs, and body-dogs, survivor-dogs, explosives-dogs...they're even working on cancer-dogs now. But they generally aren't the SAME dog - apparently dogs have kind of a one-track mind, so they work best if they each have a specialty.
Just about everything has a smell, and dogs have pretty good sniffers - certainly one of the best for animals that we humans are willing to spend much time with.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55   #38
Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariness View Post
There certainly are gun-dogs, and drug-dogs, and body-dogs, survivor-dogs, explosives-dogs...they're even working on cancer-dogs now. But they generally aren't the SAME dog - apparently dogs have kind of a one-track mind, so they work best if they each have a specialty.
Just about everything has a smell, and dogs have pretty good sniffers - certainly one of the best for animals that we humans are willing to spend much time with.
The cancer dogs are pretty cool I watch some A&E thing about them or maybe discovery don't truly remember.My dog has the same personality as those dogs crazy about his toys, nothing matters to him but the toy. Oh and running water.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:01   #39

I'm thinking maybe a catapult or a trebuchet.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:15   #40
Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
I'm thinking maybe a catapult or a trebuchet.
LMAO! fun comment for sure, made my mind reel at the possibilities.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31   #41

I understand why countries restrict and/or regulate gun importation. In the wrong hands they are very dangerous. I do find it ironic though, that the countries with the very worst crime problems are also the the ones that are the most restrictive and serve out the harshest penalties.

I will not travel with a gun i guess, sounds like too much hassles. I will charm the pirates and criminals with my clever wit and soft spoken southern style. I hope that I never have to use this secret weapon against anything more dangerous than an intelligent and interesting woman!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:41   #42

I have the answer!

Potato Cannon!

You build this puppy yourself....possibly make em flaming somehow dunno...

The Spudgun Technology Center - Your Source for Spudgun Parts, information, and more!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:43   #43
Xen

Quote:
I understand why countries restrict and/or regulate gun importation. In the wrong hands they are very dangerous. I do find it ironic though, that the countries with the very worst crime problems are also the the ones that are the most restrictive and serve out the harshest penalties.

I will not travel with a gun i guess, sounds like too much hassles. I will charm the pirates and criminals with my clever wit and soft spoken southern style. I hope that I never have to use this secret weapon against anything more dangerous than an intelligent and interesting woman!
Criminals don't care about laws? That may be the reason behind it, that and they know they have easy prey. Honestly you may find it's easier to locate a pirate,than an interesting women. I meet a women with 6 toes once that was kinda interesting... both feet!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:46   #44
Xen

oh man im pretty sure the pirates would see you moving toward that potato gun. but it may work too. kinda like we have t-shirt guns and everyone goes crazy for them. I am pretty sure the pirates are so hungry they could handle a potato at 45 mph and love it!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:00   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
I meet a women with 6 toes once that was kinda interesting... both feet!
PICS NAO!
Closed Thread