Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 14:06   #106

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: Armed Boardings in Venezuela

Goingwalkabout said:
Quote:
Dave, Are you kidding. Terrorism is because of the Wests policy in the Middle East. Terrorism is carried out be followers of a particular world domination movement who haven't gotten over their loss following being kicked out of Europe centuries ago. These mad bloody killers have now moved on from individual acts of terrorism to turning into flames a great part of the middle east with the greatest of all, Iran sponsoring hostilities throughout the world.
I think that is a totally myopic and essentially uninformed US view of what is happening and of history.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 14:16   #107
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Eisberg View Post
Well, get those good folks at Tilley to custom-make one of their hats for you out of tin foil, perhaps?

Sorry, but I'm mystified what any of that has to do with your ability or right as an American cruising sailor to bear arms, as promised by the United States Constitution... Are you suggesting that all other nations should grant you the same right(s) you enjoy as an American at home, when visiting theirs?

I dunno, that sounds suspiciously like a "One World Unified Government" approach, to me...

:-)
You indeed are "mystified" if you think I inferenced any such thing!! I know nothing about "tin hats" but if they help with comprehension you should try one..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 14:26   #108
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

I was surprised the other day while waiting for a whopper in Burger King in st martin..long wait btw! ..CNN was on the tele so since I haven't watched TV in a coupe, of years I was pretty distracted by the bright lights and moving pictures. Well, it was amazing! The way the us media turns everything around to be about the USA! Problem in Ukraine...send in the troops..threatening our borders...let's go to war with the Germans...crazy stuff. I guess some that are too close can't really see the forests for the trees and actually believe the bs being rammed up and down their respective orifices.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 14:38   #109
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
I was surprised the other day while waiting for a whopper in Burger King in st martin..long wait btw! ..CNN was on the tele so since I haven't watched TV in a coupe, of years I was pretty distracted by the bright lights and moving pictures. Well, it was amazing! The way the us media turns everything around to be about the USA! Problem in Ukraine...send in the troops..threatening our borders...let's go to war with the Germans...crazy stuff. I guess some that are too close can't really see the forests for the trees and actually believe the bs being rammed up and down their respective orifices.
Please tell us what you see being so far removed from the trees and the forest.. Go to war with Germany? Who said that? You mean Russia, go to war with Russia? That is being said,no one is saying to war with Germany that I know of ..Pity to the fool that does though ..
Old 02-03-2015, 14:50   #110
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
The very fact that you can sail to St.Martin unhindered(if that is what you have done) is testament that it is all about the USA! Anyone else out there keeping freedom of navigation open ? China perhaps ? Nah they say they own the south east north central China sea and the air above it, not to mention the oil under it, cant be them.. Venezuela ? nah they just rob anyone that represents "Freedom of Navagation" and shows up on a boat especially US Or western flagged ones..Must be all about the USA since they are the ones that have the fortitude to "police the world"..Think about what it would be like if the US dissociated it self from such a thank less task ,you would be eating that hamburger back in Australia with chop sticks!..
Old 02-03-2015, 15:17   #111
Marine Service Provider

Irony: John Kerry speaking at the Human Rights counsel this very day has said that, "a nuclear deal with Iran would make Israel "safer" over the next 10 yrs".. from that, one could say, see the world is safer this very day the problem is it will be less so if this deal will not go thru over the next 10 years..This deal and a hundred more like it must go thru for the world to be safer in the coming years...whats the chance that is going to happen?
Old 02-03-2015, 15:18   #112
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
You indeed are "mystified" if you think I inferenced any such thing!! I know nothing about "tin hats" but if they help with comprehension you should try one..
Well, looks like I'll remain mystified as to what anything written in Post #101 has to to with your "right to bear arms" as a member of the cruising community, presumably as granted by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution...
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 15:23   #113
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Well, looks like I'll remain mystified as to what anything written in Post #101 has to to with your "right to bear arms" as a member of the cruising community, presumably as granted by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution...
It has nothing to do with it..I do jump from tangent to tangent sorry if it came off that way ..it has nothing to do with my right as an American and I don't expect it to ever be that way (in my life time anyway..)_
Old 02-03-2015, 15:26   #114

Geeez, Loiuse. Let's reel this back in a tad and bring the discussion back to a moonlit evening when strangers are climbing over the rails and onto the deck of your beloved good-ship "Minnow".

World War III and the US Constitution aside, it truly comes down to what each of us is prepared to do when confronted with an undesirable and potentially life-threatening situation on the high seas. It's "fight or flight", with the second option -- in this case -- literally meaning passive acceptance of said situation while cowering below deck.

With high seas drama, you're on your own. Forget placing any 911 call or writing your congressman.

Also, high-seas events remind me of when Vittorio Gassman told Jean-Loius Trintignant in 'Il Sorpasso' that he wanted to study "Space Law".

Trintignant: "Space Law?"
Gassman: "Yeah, you know. Like who's to blame when one space ship crashes into another."

Il Sorpasso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For me, Big Blue is a whole bunch of lonely space, even when you can see the golden sand 3 meters down at anchor. For those who care not to arm themselves, please follow that path. It's truly your right.

Can't find the youtube video right now, yet there is a multi-part posting from a British sailor who single-handed a circumnavigation with an attempt to reach home in the UK via a westward sail through the seas above Russia from Alaska. He eventually had to fly back to Britain and wait a couple years to finish the trip, but my favorite part of one of his postings was when he is talking into the go-pro and says "That boat over there has been following me the past few days, and I'm getting nervous." He then stands in the aft cockpit and pumps his 12-guage shotgun as he looks off in the direction of the mystery vessel.

Be prepared.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 15:30   #115
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Armed Boardings in Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
The very fact that you can sail to St.Martin unhindered(if that is what you have done) is testament that it is all about the USA! Anyone else out there keeping freedom of navigation open ? China perhaps ? Nah they say they own the south east north central China sea and the air above it, not to mention the oil under it, cant be them.. Venezuela ? nah they just rob anyone that represents "Freedom of Navagation" and shows up on a boat especially US Or western flagged ones..Must be all about the USA since they are the ones that have the fortitude to "police the world"..Think about what it would be like if the US dissociated it self from such a thank less task ,you would be eating that hamburger back in Australia with chop sticks!..
Actually I think you'll find that its a world effort..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 16:32   #116
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Actually I think you'll find that its a world effort..
Ok Ok
Old 02-03-2015, 17:10   #117

Here is the video that I referenced above regarding the British single-handed sailor doing a circumnavigation. Adrian Flanagan -- The Alpha Global Expedition 2005.

Please pay particular attention to at 3:08 in. Correct preparedness, it surely is.

Old 02-03-2015, 17:23   #118
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
Here is the video that I referenced above regarding the British single-handed sailor doing a circumnavigation. Adrian Flanagan -- The Alpha Global Expedition 2005.

Please pay particular attention to at 3:08 in. Correct preparedness, it surely is.
Sure, it's a piece of cake sailing with guns when you don't actually STOP anywhere...

Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 17:28   #119
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Sure, it's a piece of cake sailing with guns when you don't actually STOP anywhere...

Yea that's what I was thincking too..Then I thought about if someone wanteed to stop all they had to do was wrap the guns ,lower over the side with weight attached set the GPS go to town and when you leave go back to x marks the spot and proceed..
Old 02-03-2015, 17:30   #120

Quote:

Au contraire, mon ami Eisberg. He stopped numerous places.

Tags
Venezuela