Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2011, 12:57   #16

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
I knowed a body man who was great with cars but little smarts for anything else.
He tried to bondo up his teeth and came real close to dying from it.
Be careful out there.
Kenny
kenny chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 13:10   #17

Boat: Cabo Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
super glue for the win... btw, super glue is CYANNO ACRYLATE
It sounds scary to me. If the boat is heeling and it's rough and you glue your lips shut, what then?
PamlicoTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 13:16   #18
cruiser

oh, sorry, they make super glue in different 'viscosity'.. regular, which is thin like water, and thick. which is like GEL..

it maybe called GEL...

dry the area to be glued, and use a toothpick or cotton swab and dab on the gel to the DRIED tooth. you dont need to put the crown back on... apply several dollops, you can get it wet and it will skin over then youcan use your finger to tap it down, or you can close your teeth and it will form around the upper teeth,or lower... but wont stick...

to unglue your fingers or lips, you can use acetone... not pleasent but it will work.. (acetone is finger nail polish remover or used for paint prep)

tastes like crap so just use it sparingly on rag or paper towel to ease your lips free

dang, sounds funny giving advice to someone who could glue thier lips shut.. probably should just give up and suggest calling 911 or a repair yard...

hehehe
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 15:36   #19

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
I worked for an Endodontist for four years. You do not want to super glue a crown back on unless you want to possibly create more problems for the root system below it. I don't know if dentists have anything that can easily dissolve super glue and they will have to really heave-ho trying to get the crown back off...the remaining tooth and root system below I bet is already quite brittle at this point...you could end up losing the whole root system.

Temporary cement is what you need...sounds like the denture adhesive would be a good bet.

Dr. E would stuff the remaining tooth where he went in w/ temporary cement if the person didn't have a temporary crown first...I think he would stuff the opened root canals with temporary cement then, temporary cement the existing crown on if the tooth was already crowned...until the patient could get back to their restorative dentist for the crown work. That stuff could last because patients would put off having their crown work even though they shouldn't because it wouldn't fall off. Of course, when he stuffed the canals with the temp stuff he was working in a sterile environment for the most part...gotta worry when you are not...

If you more than temporarily bond the crown back own you could be trapping bacteria that is already there and creating some serious havoc...

Good luck! Hope you get it fixed asap!
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 16:28   #20
cruiser

yea, i agree.. i should have said to not superglu that crown in place... you can protect the root/base with super glue and the dentist can clean the glu off easily if it is exposed...

and again, this is just a last resort type of thing... if you have nothing better.. clearly leaving the base/root exposed isnt an option... the nerve actually should be gone by this point but if you want to keep the crown and avoid a bridge, you need to protect the base... and chances are there isnt much left...

I get the shivers just htinking aboput this topic/discussion..
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 17:05   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
If their is any pain,you can put CLOVE OIL on it. Clove Oil will deaden the nerve and anything else it contacts.
joey69 is offline   Reply With Quote