Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2013, 16:44   #166
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: Mass Robbery in St. Lucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnExCorp View Post
What kind of Accreditation do they/SLU, provide their students? As too why did your friend pick that particular place in his choosing?

D.T.

He's fully accredited and now traveling around the country, doing 6 - 8 weeks in rotating internships, with a week off between each one, easier than many internships. The school is fully accredited, as is he (clearly he passed that md test). I think he went where he was accepted.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:28   #167

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
I have a friend who recently finished four years of medical school in St. Lucia. I'll have to ask him about his opinion of safety there.

But there's danger everywhere. Two people were just murdered on their houseboat in St. Petersburg earlier this week. It was an ungated, open marina. I now live in a marina that is basically a gated community, and I'm glad.
Humm... I live here in the Tampa Bay area and we haven't seen or heard a word about such an event and I am confident it would have made the local news on Bay News 9 and certainly the waterfront grape vine where it has not. Please provide a link to the story that I will cross-deck to our local Fox Affiliate for investigation and reportage if proved.

In re: the matter of St. Lucia, friends of ours are now in Rodney Bay Marina and report that the gang that knocked off the Botanical Gardens tourists are reportedly druggies based upon the one captured. That one was a bit too loose of mouth among the locals and someone tipped off the local constabulary who picked him up. The locals are really not happy with the adverse publicity and the constables are conducting a thorough interrogation and anticipate picking up the other gang members in due course. It will not go well for them. Based upon my experience there in the past and our friend's in recent weeks, St. Lucia is reasonably safe with good relations between locals and yachties.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:33   #168

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Kudos to UnExCorp,

You have made a remarkable impact on this site. I believe now we will be capable of conversing in languages both known and unknown to Mankind with only the limits of our infinite universe as its boundaries. S/V Jedi, sharpen your sword for the wrath of UnExCorp is growing in leaps and bounds with every posting. I welcome you, UnExCorp, to our noble Form and to you, my Jedi, may your universe beware. Captain Rognvald of the Seventh Form.
rognvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 09:07   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Humm... I live here in the Tampa Bay area and we haven't seen or heard a word about such an event and I am confident it would have made the local news on Bay News 9 and certainly the waterfront grape vine where it has not. Please provide a link to the story that I will cross-deck to our local Fox Affiliate for investigation and reportage if proved.

FWIW...
Here ya go. Google is your friend.

Suspect in St. Pete houseboat homicide arrested in N.C. | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...d-on-houseboat

Of course, you have to look through a variety of other hits if you look up Tampa and murder.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote