Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2020, 13:07   #31

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: Spotlight for illuminating MOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Yes. Even on a clear day. Even a life raft can be lost from sight in rough seas. Which makes Le Cam's recovery of Escoffier all the more heroic IMO. After my own practices with this on days with steep choppy seas and whitecaps, I think a pole that inflates with and from the PFD is a good idea. I have never seen one and I kinda wonder why not.
Why not build this into the PFD?
https://www.landfallnavigation.com/s...xoCXWkQAvD_BwE
And it is interesting to note that Le Cam found Escoffier in the dark because of the flashing light on top of Escoffier's liferaft. Le Cam decided to continue looking in the dark because he figured it would be easier to find the light at night than the whole raft in the daytime. This supports the idea of many in this thread that the light should be with/on the MOB, rather than making the boat's crew lose their night vision with a bright beam shining in mostly the wrong places.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 03:58   #32

Boat: Le Guen Hémidy, Lévrier de mer, 16 m / 53 ft, "AZAWAKH"
Send a message via Skype™ to Eric50
Re: Spotlight for illuminating MOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Yes. Even on a clear day. Even a life raft can be lost from sight in rough seas. Which makes Le Cam's recovery of Escoffier all the more heroic IMO. After my own practices with this on days with steep choppy seas and whitecaps, I think a pole that inflates with and from the PFD is a good idea. I have never seen one and I kinda wonder why not.
Why not build this into the PFD?
https://www.landfallnavigation.com/s...xoCXWkQAvD_BwE
here is one part of the solution for having a pole with you once becoming a MOB:

https://navi-discount.fr/116596-perc...-avec-feu.html

I thought there was a PFD with it integrated, in "one piece kit" but I may be wrong.

Tags
mob