:thum b:
Old 29-08-2021, 15:47   #77

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail
Re: State Dept. Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Followed up with the "cheers" & "popcorn" emoji's? How much nastier can this forum get?
Well, on the positive side (if there is one) when several of the conservative radio jocks people have been listening to get covid and die, it might make those people think that those jocks were wrong. Possible?

I think the increase in vaccination rates in the south is a reaction to the fact that more people have been getting sick and dying. When more and more people in your community are affected you start to pay attention. When people you trust, like radio jocks, die, it has to be a bit of a wake up call.
Old 29-08-2021, 16:48   #78

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
Quite frankly many of those making the headlines are making the headlines with their COVID deaths precisely because they were so publicly COVID denying, anti-masking, anti-vaxing people.

There has been an overwhelming tendency for those making the headlines due to their COVID deaths, and holding the above views to also be anti-lgbt, religious whack jobs with other vile and anti-social views as well.

Which is precisely WHY they have made the headlines and precisely why people have been celebrating their deaths.
I'm with you on the vaccine issue, but find the sort of intolerant stereotyping by people you're referring to equally vile and anti-social. None of us know exactly what different people oppose or why, only what's reported to us in often oversimplified and partisan terms. When it comes to masks & restrictions, people in many countries all over the world have also been objecting and resisting. People with religious beliefs should not be called whack jobs, or those that are mistrustful of the vaccines conspiracy-theorist nuts, just like people with different sexual orientations shouldn't be discriminated against. Yes, there's an obvious argument that until everyone is fully vaccinated we may not be able to put the pandemic behind us, but the sort of intolerance you're describing only breeds more intolerance imo, with nothing positive achieved.
Old 29-08-2021, 16:51   #79

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingssail View Post
Well, on the positive side (if there is one) when several of the conservative radio jocks people have been listening to get covid and die, it might make those people think that those jocks were wrong. Possible?

I think the increase in vaccination rates in the south is a reaction to the fact that more people have been getting sick and dying. When more and more people in your community are affected you start to pay attention. When people you trust, like radio jocks, die, it has to be a bit of a wake up call.
Yup, agreed. Let's hope so at least! I also think the formal FDA approval (Pfizer) may help alleviate some fears, as well as what seems to be increasingly stark stats showing many more people hospitalized (and worse) who are not vaccinated.
Old 29-08-2021, 17:08   #80

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
...I also think the formal FDA approval (Pfizer) may help alleviate some fears...
No, I don't think so. I think many of the vaxx hesitant and surely all of the "I don't trust the government" and the "It's a conspiracy" folks weren't going to start trusting the government or dismissing the conspiracy just because a government agency tells them, "It's OK now."

They got their shots because it got real to them when they saw people in their community or people they trusted getting Covid and dying.

If they were so trusting of logical persuasion or government safety claims they would have been persuaded already.

No, it's fear. Their strongly stated beliefs and moral positions fell instantly by the wayside when they started to get nervous about dying.
Old 29-08-2021, 18:56   #81

I think it's interesting that the unvaccinated will ingest horse de-wormer for treatment.
Old 30-08-2021, 06:04   #82

Location: Florida, Off the Caloosahatchee Canal for the Summer
Boat: Beebe Passagemaker 50'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian007 View Post
This is true, The CDC and the WHO are wrong. Harvard School of Public health, also wrong. Ditto for Harvard Med School, wrong. Peer--reviewed literature in Lancet, NEJOM, JAMA, also wrong. 20 of world's top scientific academies? wrong. When are you sheeple going to stop listening to folks who spend their entire adult lives studying Virology and Epidemiology? They're lying. Use you common sense and do your own research.

Yep, totally agree! The only source that is credible is some guy on an internet forum site who saw it in his alphabet soup this morning!
Or perhaps that should have been "he suddenly came to him after he had overdosed on horse dewormer in an attempt to protect himself from Covid".
Old 30-08-2021, 06:26   #83
JBP

Boat: Jeanneau Tonic 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappy View Post
I think it's interesting that the unvaccinated will ingest horse de-wormer for treatment.
They may still die from covid, but at least they will die worm free.
Old 30-08-2021, 06:37   #84

Boat: Heritage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
If you are in North America and not First People/Native American, you are a migrant.
Nope i was born here so native.
Old 30-08-2021, 06:54   #85
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinka1 View Post
Nope i was born here so native.

Being born there doesn’t make you a native. Native means an “ indigenous “ inhabitant

No more then a new weed establishing itself could be regarded as “ native “ even though it clearly germinated there.
Old 30-08-2021, 09:43   #86

This place gettin' as rowdy as TheHullTruth
Old 02-09-2021, 06:19   #87

Quote:
l.
Well, a couple of media folks advocating the vaccine have already died after receiving it. Did that make you wonder if their advice was bad?

Life has risks, no matter what we decide. And, different people weigh those risks differently. That’s probably deeply ingrained in us, and not changeable with insults or snide comments or much else.

If I told you what I did for a living most of my life, you would probably come to the conclusion that my risk matrix analysis was very different from yours. And, you would probably be correct.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:30   #88

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Then explain why most illegal immigrants are employed.
From what world of self-delusion did you conclude most illegals are employed?
Old 02-09-2021, 06:36   #89

Quote:
ll.
Ignoring the despicable implication that someone dying has a “positive side”, many vaccinated people get Covid and die as well, some as a direct result of reaction to the vaccine.

But don’t think about that.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:55   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
There many sources for that. here here here
... and many more. They're not crossing the border for your health care.

Get your head out of your ass and look around. And ask yourself why no employers are ever charged for hiring them; it's only the migrant workers who get hassled. And demonized at election time.
Welcome to the 21st century. All your links reference data from 2017 or earlier. Different time, different policies, different immigration (pre border crisis) problems.

Today, we don’t have a clue how many of the millions of illegals are collecting EBT funds, working illegally, voting, spreading Covid, etc... I think you confuse my “ass” with your brain.
Closed Thread