Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 08:43   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34
State Dept. Warning

..probably more cases per 1000 in South Fl. than the Bahamas..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-dep...172203161.html
Old 25-08-2021, 19:33   #2

Boat: Yankee Dolphin 24'
Re: State Dept. Warning

Um, yeah. You are safer in the Bahamas than in Florida: according to the New York Times database, every county in Florida has a higher incidence of COVID-19 cases (58-187/100000) than the Bahamas (35/100000)...
Old 26-08-2021, 07:37   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

State dept should have a warning on California Texas Arizona...while we are being locked down again they are allowing over 200.000 illegals freely cross the border monthly 20% with Covid and then allowing to roam freely in the US. Think of those numbers....over 1 million just this year unchecked.... Meantime the Canadian border is closed to law abiding healthy Canadians. Trust the government to protect us...lol.
Abe
Old 26-08-2021, 07:49   #4

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

If one looks past the hyped headlines at real data, you would find Florida with the 3rd highest population is 21st in death rate and 22nd in the most important category of increased rate of infection, I.e., how fast is Covid spreading.

Don’t go to Rhode Island - it’s among if not the highest.
Old 26-08-2021, 08:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
State dept should have a warning on California Texas Arizona...while we are being locked down again they are allowing over 200.000 illegals freely cross the border monthly 20% with Covid and then allowing to roam freely in the US. Think of those numbers....over 1 million just this year unchecked.... Meantime the Canadian border is closed to law abiding healthy Canadians. Trust the government to protect us...lol.
Abe
I'd like to be able to follow that. What's your source for those stats?
Old 26-08-2021, 08:13   #6

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

Quote:
Abe
That is a false claim made to divert attention from the lack of vaccination and other protections in these southern states.

Despite the fact that tens of thousands of migrants continue to cross into the United States monthly the border is not open. It is no more open than it was under Donald Trump. Biden has continued to enforce the Trump policy of Title 42 which allows for the swift expulsion of migrants encountered at the US-Mexico border. Since its implementation, more than 940,000 migrants have been swiftly expelled at the US southern border, according to US Customs and Border Protection.

DHS is also experiencing significantly increased rates of noncitizens testing positive for COVID19 The migrants taken into custody are required to wear face masks provided by the agency and that if "anyone exhibits signs of illness in CBP custody, they are referred to local health systems for appropriate testing, diagnosis, and treatment. Out of the migrants encountered at the Southern border by the US Customs and Border Protection from January to June, 64% were removed from the US under the health order.

It should be obvious that the greatest risk of acquiring COVID is from neighbors, not from 'aliens' pouring across the 'wide-open southern" border
Old 26-08-2021, 09:05   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Really? 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,
Old 26-08-2021, 09:12   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
Really? 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,

It's all you touchy Floridians.

Vaccinated or not, be careful and stay safe, so we can visit you again soon.
Old 26-08-2021, 09:21   #9

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion View Post
If one looks past the hyped headlines at real data, you would find Florida with the 3rd highest population is 21st in death rate and 22nd in the most important category of increased rate of infection, I.e., how fast is Covid spreading.

Don’t go to Rhode Island - it’s among if not the highest.
I can't say as a life-long Floridian that makes me feel any better.

I'm not ashamed to say I changed my spots. Last year, even early this year as the vaccine became available I felt no need for it, I really figured it would be over by now.

Obviously, that was not the case. Now there are people I know who are no longer here because of covid. That - more than anything - really brings it home for me and parks it right in the damn driveway.

So I got myself and the family vaccinated, and now I worry a lot less. Pretty much not at all in fact.
Old 26-08-2021, 10:00   #10
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
It's all you touchy Floridians.

Vaccinated or not, be careful and stay safe, so we can visit you again soon.

Now that is the way to answer a post.
Old 26-08-2021, 10:10   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMirage View Post

Obviously, that was not the case. Now there are people I know who are no longer here because of covid. That - more than anything - really brings it home for me and parks it right in the damn driveway.

So I got myself and the family vaccinated, and now I worry a lot less. Pretty much not at all in fact.

I am truly sorry that you have lost folks close to you.

But it's people like you who make me wanna scream!!!

It took people DYING to get you to do what they've been telling you is FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH and those around you for a bloody year.

The stupidity is mindboggling.

I sure hope you're getting more than your family involved and vaxxed.

I AM very, very mad. Angry. That people would endanger themselves, their families and their communities deliberately.

I'd always wished I'd have met one of these folks back when they were refusenicks: Wanna give your measles and smallpox vaccines back, too?

Shameless.

Pisses me off to no end.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 26-08-2021, 10:17   #12

Boat: Gulfstar 37

Quote:
Abe
That's funny, I live in California too and I didn't hear about us being locked down again....

As for the illegal border crossings, no one is "letting them" - they are just good at getting around that flimsy wall the previous guy built.....
Old 26-08-2021, 11:14   #13

Boat: 1982 Irwin 46 Ketch - Reduced Rig & Shoal Draft

Turn your TV off and just live your life....you will be fine
Old 26-08-2021, 11:24   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
I am truly sorry that you have lost folks close to you.

But it's people like you who make me wanna scream!!!

It took people DYING to get you to do what they've been telling you is FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH and those around you for a bloody year.

The stupidity is mindboggling.

I sure hope you're getting more than your family involved and vaxxed.

I AM very, very mad. Angry. That people would endanger themselves, their families and their communities deliberately.

I'd always wished I'd have met one of these folks back when they were refusenicks: Wanna give your measles and smallpox vaccines back, too?

Shameless.

Pisses me off to no end.
Look, while I agree that getting vaccinated is a very good thing, berating someone who has decided to get vaccinated for whatever reason is NOT helpful in the least.

Cut them some slack, they did it and that should be enough. The why's and how's don't matter at the end of the day.
Old 26-08-2021, 15:17   #15

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMirage View Post
I can't say as a life-long Floridian that makes me feel any better.

I'm not ashamed to say I changed my spots. Last year, even early this year as the vaccine became available I felt no need for it, I really figured it would be over by now.

Great to hear you saw the light and got vaccinated. And thanks for making it public so other on-the-fencers might reconsider.
Closed Thread