Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2020, 01:27   #1

Boat: Clipper 60 SII
Arnold's Boat Shop Sydney Australia

I've bought a lot of stuff of these guys always with great service.
But my last few orders have seen terrible delivery times, incorrect shipments and zero communication. Does anyone have a phone number for them that a human answers? I've got over $4k of outstanding orders, mainly safety gear, and we're heading for New Zealand next week.
Kiwi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:11   #2

Boat: Volkscruiser
Re: Arnold's Boat Shop Sydney Australia

Kiwi I placed an order with Arnold's on July 7 and it turned up last week. Because of Covid I accepted there might be delays. The order is still missing some items and they shipped me TMC instead of Whale without even asking or refunding the difference. I sent most of it back registered post so I will see what happens? Definitely one of my worse online shopping experiences.
As for replying to my emails just forget it.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:18   #3

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

That's a name that pops up on a regular basis. They appear to be a backyard based drop shipper renown for cheap prices and extremely poor communication at all points of the sales process, unfortunately.

You might be able to harness a contact number from here https://www.productreview.com.au/lis...olds-boat-shop
although from what I've heard about them they are mighty difficult to communicate with even if you hunt down the phone number.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:37   #4

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

we had one very unsatisfactory purchase back in may. goods never delivered and eventually got money back

never again

all communication was via email n only number i have is 8999 1510, which expect you already have.

good luck

cheers,
Old 09-11-2020, 03:24   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Arnold’s Boat Shop
F29, 16 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066
Tel: 1300 ARNOLD
1300 276 653

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:26   #6

Boat: Southcoast 36

Interesting, I thought it was just me.

Never again with these guys.

Up until about the start of this year, I used them almost exclusively. Don't know what has changed but no more. Starting happening before COVID for me so that is not the reason.

Same issues all have mentioned. I am still waiting on orders placed back to May/June. Sent multiple emails, poor or no responses, no refund when specifically requested, sending what I had already received multiple times. They are hopeless. Not the way you treat a customer that has purchased thousands of dollars of stuff over the years.

Avoid at all costs.
Winf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 13:34   #7

Boat: PRhodes Schooner OA54/DL48/WL36

Hi, can only concur with your experience, at the time of order I was told that the parts were in stock. In the end they were not, had to cancel the order -by Email, no human to talk to-. Very unprofessional and frustrating.

Got onto boathut.com.au, got a very obliging person to talk to, got me out of trouble. Never again will I deal with Arnold, or with any site where there is not a human.

Cheers
Mauna Kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 13:38   #8
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

I've dealt with email only merchants. scary situations to say the least. but in the end it turned out ok. I will not deal with them again. good luck.
Old 09-11-2020, 14:41   #9

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat

I also agree. I had accumulated a sizeable order, but when I couldn't get a response to a question to clarify a product related matter, they got scratched off my supplier list.

As I understand it, it didn't always be like this, so who knows? Maybe the principle of the company is out of operations from illness, or something..
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 20:37   #10

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Arnold’s Boat Shop
F29, 16 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066
Tel: 1300 ARNOLD
1300 276 653
Out of interest I called that number, and received an RVA to advise "for better customer service, we are only taking orders by e-mail now"

Google Earth shows it to be in an industrial complex.

I had never heard of this business, but wont be buying from them from what I see.
Old 09-11-2020, 21:14   #11

Boat: Retired from CF

I can not give a recent experience but in August 2019 i purchased weather gear">foul weather gear and life jackets of Arnold and the order was delivered within days and to full satisfaction but as i said , ovber 1 year ago , a long time in these testing times.
SV DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:15   #12

Boat: Lightwave 38' Catamaran - now sold

I used them years ago a lot and never had a problem. Possibly changed hands hence the worse service.
clownfishsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 13:33   #13

Boat: Retired from CF

Hi everyone ,

just an update on Arnolds.

As i said before i did purchase from them in 2019 and it all worked so i tried again on the 22 of Jan 21 and in short , i waited 2 weeks , no tracking details at all. Contacted their customer service through the website , no response. Send an email to them advising i consider this fraud and would go to my bank to have the transaction canceled. Received an email that my order would no leave on the 8th of Feb 21. On the 9th i checked their Shopify for tracking details. None. Emailed and received a response that my order would now leave on the 16th of Feb 21. Asked to have the order canceled and refunded. Received confirmation it was canceled and a refund is being processed. Clearly something at Arnolds has changed so just be aware.
SV DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 02:58   #14

Boat: Lidgard yacht 32ft

They used to be great to deal with. You could phone them to discuss a piece of equipment. Not now. Many complaints from customers who have been waiting for months & difficulties with refunds. The FB site sailing Australia has many posts about this company. How they are still in business l don't know.
Davo1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 17:12   #15

Having issues with then currently, have purchased numerous items in past when delivery post code was Gold Coast, now in Weipa Cape York still awating large item from 13th October. Ended up putting complaint to Office of Fair Trading, they now say they are sending item, still have not received it, gave me a con # with no freight company details. They are not to be trusted or used in my opinion I certainly will not use them ever again. Do so at your own peril.
Traction is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, boat, sydney