Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2021, 14:04   #1

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi
Custom window replacement

I have recently had the pleasure of getting all my windows replaced on our lagoon 42 tpi. 6 windows and one hatch have vertical and horizontal curves, meaning they need to be heat formed using an oven large enough for each window. The product is 1/2" acrylic, dark grey tinted.
We met with Zach from Gustafsson plastics in Saint Augustine. They have been in business for 50 years doing mostly motorcycle windshields and have been branching into custom boat work.
They used the old windows to drape mould the new ones, but can build moulds as well if needed.
As with all custom work, it took some time to get it right. But they didn't stop until it was right! I cant say enough about how great they are to deal with!!!
The original quote was reasonable, and held to, despite the extra effort needed. The quoted timeframe for starting and finish was met. The staff were all professional and friendly. The finished product is beyond my expectations.
Their primary focus is on the production. They were willing to help with removal and install, but that isnt really what they do. They did have an employee, Tyler, spend close to a whole day aboard doing the final adjustments of sizing and polishing the edges.
If you have need of any custom acrylic work, or even lens replacements or other flat work, I can highly recommend Gustafsson plastics!
https://bikescreen.com/
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_110400.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	238748Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_120119.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	238749
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags