Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2021, 02:54   #61

Re: Don't count on Defender for a bit...

Defender has been and still is my #1 go-to for anything marine-related, not only for prices but for quality and selection. Show me a company that is *not* suffering of late. (Amazon not included, but they are in a different league altogether, and not in a good way.) What kind of troll comes online and bashes a company like this, especially after being a long-time customer.

I wonder if your "engineer" business has suffered any hiccups in the past year and a half. SMH
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 11:01   #62
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 35

Defender has a limited selection of safety equipment compared to other small companies like Ahoy Captain and Landfall Navigation. Landfall for example, sells three different manufacturers’ drag devices. Defender only sells one.
Fi2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 11:27   #63

Boat: 1977 Bristol 29.9 Hull #17

It’s not Defender, there is as you might have heard, a massive surge is boat ownership, new and used, and the purchasing of all the “stuff” that goes along with that, the manufacturer’s have run out of lots of what would be considered standard issue items, and retailers just can’t get the stuff, the ETA they gave you is from the manufacturer, it is they who have gotten behind on the production side, I was in Defender the other day and they said that at that time they had sold out of boat trailers and outboards were starting to run short on the supply side as well. But not to worry, in a year or two the second hand market will be overflowing with boats and related stuff, when a large percentage of previously new boat owners start selling the boats they bought realizing it takes work and even more money to up keep there new purchases… so be patient…,

Fair winds,
Pegu Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 12:23   #64

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45DS

I ordered a gas sensor from Defender on Friday afternoon and it was with me on Tuesday well packaged and complete.

So what ? .... I'm in the UK and they still managed to deliver it in two working days. I'd say that's not too shabby.
duncan_ellison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fender