Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2012, 14:37   #1

Eco-Clad Bottom Paint

It is time to haul and repaint the bottom of my 9 Meter Catalac again. I am interested in Eco-Clad because it is reported by the manufacturer to provide multi-season performance, long wearing durability and is evironmentally friendly. Has anyone here used it? What were your results? Thanks. Steve
sailingcamelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 17:35   #2

Boat: Island Packet 380 - Delta Blues
Re: Eco-Clad Bottom Paint

I bought a boat a few years back that had Eco-Clad's previous product, Copper Clad. It came with a 10-year warranty that was transferable from the previous owner. After about two years, I saw a good bit of growth. Called the company and they re-applied it. No charge. There was some slime perhaps three years after that, but no hard growth.

I've talked with these people at the boat shows. If I had a boat that I knew I was going to keep for several years, I'd consider it.

https://sailingdeltablues.com/
dennisjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 18:48   #3

Re: Eco-Clad Bottom Paint

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have previously used Micron 66 and was mostly satisfied with the results. I got over 3 years of protection from it. I was going to reapply the same product again but my sailing club buddy is a dealer for Eco-Clad and swears by it. Of course, he is a dealer. I was just looking for another opinion. I Have owned Camelot for 4 years and plan on keeping her for a very long time.
sailingcamelot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom paint, paint