Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2015, 11:20   #16

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot
Re: Electric Hotplate or Hot Plate

Just to bounce it again....Just check the pan with a magnet as said before. If it sticks to the pan you have a pan that will work with inductive technology.
alansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 12:14   #17

Boat: Pearson 365

I use a Nuwave induction on my boat. It is very well made and works really well.
Just get the interface disk and you can use any cookware. I also bought one skillet made for induction cooking because I saute a lot. The Nuwave is definitely worth it and the auto shut off makes it safe.
Franst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 12:38   #18

Boat: EndeavourCat 36
Electric Hotplate or Hot Plate

I also use a Nuwave, but only with shore power. My inverter can't quite handle it and my Nexgen generator's output is too "dirty" for the Nuwave. It is great at the dock and makes it easy to keep the propane tank shut off unless we are traveling.

Edit: I bought a Magma induction-capable stainless steel cookware set. I bought some Nuwave nonstick pans, too, but they won't last.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Cuttyhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 14:08   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttyhunk View Post
I also use a Nuwave, but only with shore power. My inverter can't quite handle it and my Nexgen generator's output is too "dirty" for the Nuwave. It is great at the dock and makes it easy to keep the propane tank shut off unless we are traveling.

Edit: I bought a Magma induction-capable stainless steel cookware set. I bought some Nuwave nonstick pans, too, but they won't last.

Why do you feel the Nuwave pans won't last?
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 18:48   #20

The Nuwave pans have a nonstick coating that does not seem very durable to me. I already have scratches, and I am very careful with nonstick.

Old 21-06-2015, 19:53   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttyhunk View Post
The Nuwave pans have a nonstick coating that does not seem very durable to me. I already have scratches, and I am very careful with nonstick.

I've done all of my cooking in my Nuwave pans since I got them over a yr ago, they cook more evenly and I'm no longer a fan of aluminum teflon pans.

My smaller pan also looked scratched and was starting to let food stick to it, making me think the exact same thing.

So I searched online for solutions, and several sites suggested polishing it with a gentle cleanser like Bar Keep's Friend. I ended up using Comet, because I'm too lazy to go out and buy BKF and polished gently with a sponge.

To my surprise, it worked, and now the pan is back to being non stick and I can simply wipe it out with paper towels again. Apparently, this ceramic coating is thicker and more durable than I thought.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 04:21   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
I've done all of my cooking in my Nuwave pans since I got them over a yr ago, they cook more evenly and I'm no longer a fan of aluminum teflon pans.

My smaller pan also looked scratched and was starting to let food stick to it, making me think the exact same thing.

So I searched online for solutions, and several sites suggested polishing it with a gentle cleanser like Bar Keep's Friend. I ended up using Comet, because I'm too lazy to go out and buy BKF and polished gently with a sponge.

To my surprise, it worked, and now the pan is back to being non stick and I can simply wipe it out with paper towels again. Apparently, this ceramic coating is thicker and more durable than I thought.

Cool! Thanks for that information. I will try it.

Old 25-06-2015, 08:53   #23

Boat: Catalina 30

I have thought of using this:

Costco - CuisinartŪ Griddler GourmetŪ customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Anybody have any thoughts about it?
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric