Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:59   #1

Boat: 35' Alden Design Cutter
iPad Pro - 1000 nits

In case anyone is interested, iPad Pro 13 boasts an impressive 1000 nits full-screen brightness and 1600 nits peak HDR brightness.

This particular spec is the clincher for me to go to the cross over to the dark side.
Iron E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:52   #2

Boat: Tanzer 29
Re: iPad Pro - 1000 nits

I just went from an iPad Air 2 to an iPad Pro with the Nano texture-glass. Costs a fortune as you have to get at least one TB of memory to get the option to add the nano texture glass but really does cut the glare. Also went with the cellular version with the gps so I don't have to use the external gps puck anymore. If you're in the market for a new iPad and you want to use it with Navionics, the Pro with the textured glass is the way to go. I just got the 11'' by the way. Screen was a little larger than my iPad Air but still fits in the same Ram mount
idclic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03   #3

Boat: 35' Alden Design Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idclic View Post
I just went from an iPad Air 2 to an iPad Pro with the Nano texture-glass. Costs a fortune as you have to get at least one TB of memory to get the option to add the nano texture glass but really does cut the glare. Also went with the cellular version with the gps so I don't have to use the external gps puck anymore. If you're in the market for a new iPad and you want to use it with Navionics, the Pro with the textured glass is the way to go. I just got the 11'' by the way. Screen was a little larger than my iPad Air but still fits in the same Ram mount
Yeah, I was looking at all of the options: glass, storage, pen, case, and it really adds up.
But the costs seem worth it, considering you can use it for navigation, watching movies, editing videos, complex note-taking, and reading books. I use Photoshop and Illustrator, so there's that, too. I wish it had satellite connectivity, but maybe the next one.
Iron E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10   #4

Boat: Building myself... FTW

Definitely looking at the 11" pro.

What cases if any?

I was thinking these both looked good.

https://incipio.com/collections/ipad...-5-black-clear

https://www.drycase.com/products/waterproof-phone-case
bdgWesternMass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:48   #5

Boat: Tanzer 29

I just got a basic leather case Apple sells and I don't use the case in the ram mount. It didn't make sense to use a case with a plastic cover or glass to cover the nato texture glass of the iPad as you would lose the glare cutting benefits. It doesn't rain under my dodger and I could use a large ziplock freezer bag in a pinch should I need more rain protection.
idclic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Ipad