Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 11:04   #61

Boat: Gulf 32
Re: Looking at Portable Freezer Fridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymaxion View Post
And in the totally cheapo category... Alpicool 15l for $200 on Amazon. Compressor fridge, digital display/controls. Runs quietly, my own digital thermometer showed -16C when display showed -20C. Single compartment, idea was to run it as a freezer and swap frozen waterjugs into a plain jane cooler. No long term experience, couple of on land camping trips so for with no issue. Has a settable low voltage cutoff. Company makes them up to 80l but damned if I could find any other than the 15l. 30l and up sizes are dual compartment fridge freezers. The electronic Peltier type fridges are all crap in my mind, have had 3, and they cost same as the Alpicool 15l. My real fridge is an isotherm cruise 65 built in which has worked perfectly for 5 years. I don't live in Florida etc however.

Interesting, looks very similar to the Engel but at much lower price for that size (although all I see on Amazon now is for $400, not $200... but that's still a lot lower than the $800 for a 15 liter Engel).

Quick look around though and I don't see specs for current draw...

Tags
freezer