Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2018, 16:38   #1

Boat: Ortona Navi. 92 ft
Post Maintenance Logbook Software

Does anyone know of a software program to log all maintanance and operations on a boat. I Have a 92 ft motor yacht and would like to find a program were I can record all oil changes, lubrication, replacements and run times, routine and non routine maintenance, fuel purchases as well as generator times shoreboat use, engine times, Fuel burn, Ports visited,etc.

Hopefully it would have reminders when routine oil changes lubriction etc are due both on a calander basis and time run basis. something like the check lists you have on an aircraft or the software to manage an engineering kproject. Hopefully this would replace the paper log and be reachable on the cloud and interface with the other electronics on the boat. It should be customizable. Suggestions. ???—- someone must have solved this one by now
GoldenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 18:18   #2

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)
Re: Maintenance Logbook Software

Hi Goldenrose, I have not a real answer for you, but I expect most of us keep such record in a paper form like a logbook or maintenance book, or they are using a homemade Excel spreadsheet.
I belong to the latter group.

I am happy to email you a copy what I use, but that might not be enough for your type and size of boat.
Maybe others can post here their versions? I am sure that others more clever than I have done something with Excel that you or I would like to copy...... I am waiting
Old 09-05-2018, 18:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRose View Post
Does anyone know of a software program to log all maintanance and operations on a boat. I Have a 92 ft motor yacht and would like to find a program were I can record all oil changes, lubrication, replacements and run times, routine and non routine maintenance, fuel purchases as well as generator times shoreboat use, engine times, Fuel burn, Ports visited,etc.

Hopefully it would have reminders when routine oil changes lubriction etc are due both on a calander basis and time run basis. something like the check lists you have on an aircraft or the software to manage an engineering kproject. Hopefully this would replace the paper log and be reachable on the cloud and interface with the other electronics on the boat. It should be customizable. Suggestions. ???—- someone must have solved this one by now
Just an idea - get a gmail or Google account, and use Google calendar to schedule all the maintenance intervals, and use Google online docs and spreadsheets to record all the maintenance performed, fuel and supplies purchased, a list with part numbers of all the required filters, belts, impellers, etc, as well as suppliers.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 07:43   #4

Boat: Swan 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRose View Post

What devices do you currently have for computing, Mac, Ipad, Iphone, PC, other types of cell phones?
deluxe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 08:09   #5

Boat: Swan 432

Here is something in the Apple App store.

https://www.ticketyboo-apps.com/apps/shipshape/
deluxe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 08:14   #6

With the variations between boats, probably easier to use a spreadsheet to customize the items you want to track.

As mentioned, any calendar software can send out reminders.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 16:31   #7

Hi, this may be a partial solution for you? It will certainly help with the Maint side of what you are looking for. I use an Appp from a company called Safeyculture. App = iAuditor.
This will allow you to 'write' your Audits for the maint items you spoke of.
Some functions include
The Location can be set manually or using the GPS on your Phone/ Tablet etc.
You then simply tap on the response applicable for each item on your checklist, Yes/No etc.
The App allows you to add, Notes - manual entry, Add Photo's from camera or gallery, and assign actions.
This allows you to send email to a person for a specific task and track the progress.
Essentially a good way of changing paper based audits into an electronic format.
The App is a free download for a single user and you get 10mB of data per month. Ok if just doing simple stuff, but when adding photos can consume this quickly.
You can push the data into other application like a BI integration etc.

I don't work for or have an affiliation with this company, but just find the App straightforward and easy to use for what I want to do.

Hope this helps?
Ding Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:41   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Try a search using the following parameters "marine maintenance management software".
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 19:55   #9

Boat: 2019 Leopard 45

I'm looking at this for ours when its delivered: https://www.vesselvanguard.com

Tags
maintenance, software