Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2016, 05:39   #61

Re: Marine Parts Depot

Has anyone bought and received parts from Marine Part Depot within the last 30 days?

After years of no problems, looks I finally got burned.

Ordered in late November, received track number early Dec., but nothing yet and USPS record shows they have not received package. I wonder if the guy went on vacation.

We'll see how well the credit card company can resolve this.

With MPD out of the picture, any alternative sources of low-cost SS parts?
scherzoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 06:13   #62

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

I have been waiting a few weeks now for my Marine Part Depot order.

Not sure what going on.

This past year I received some SS that was damaged and they never replied or replaced the damaged parts.
They have NO customer service from what I have seen.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 15:27   #63

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

I'd recommend buying from them on Amazon. At least you have their customer service to fall back on.

Matt
Old 17-12-2016, 18:29   #64

Seems like there are a lot of horrible and excellent comments about Marine Parts Depot. I have purchased from them at least four times. All shipments were prompt and as ordered. The prices were unbeatable. They have not rusted or tarnished any more than some of the original stainless on my Elan 444 Impression. All rust/tarnish is minimal. I'm totally satisfied but understand the frustration of others. Seems like the problem is that if there is something wrong with an order then it is difficult or not possible to get it corrected. I think that anyone ordering from Marine Parts Depot should be aware of this issue, but may want to purchase from them, like me and others, because the prices are so good. Keep in mind that low prices on stainless fittings does not necessarily mean inferior. The markup on all marine hardware, especially stainless stuff, is huge. That said, I might not use their shackles in a critical situation. The bottom line is that pleas to boycott Marine Parts Depot is not felt by all who have patronized them. Now that I've said my peace, how do I get off this thread? I've read enough and I don't think that there is any more to say unless someone finds out how to get help from MPD when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Hi

This is just a warning not to order anything from Marinepartdepot.com

My partner and I are embarking on 'our' adventure and have purchased hundreds of items from all over the continent to retrofit our Alberg30.

This business, and I use this term jokingly, has ripped us off several times and wasted so much of our time that we have to scramble to get our project finished in time.

The List:

1 1/4" 90 elbows only 1 3/16" requiring machining to have them fit the 1 1/4 inch tubing

One order money taken but no order sent! Only an escalation through paypal got our money back

Zero customer service with many phone calls and emails unanswered

1" T's only 7/8 inside

Another order not delivered at all, but, at least this time, no money taken.

Do not order from these crooks!!! Check complaints online, there are many.

Tim Martens and Shirley Jones
ArioseNotes.com
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 17:21   #65

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

I don't understand the logic. If a company totally screwed ONE customer who did nothing wrong, I'd avoid them just on principle.

We already know this company has screwed lots of customers. Sent the wrong stuff, or broken stuff, and totally ignored all attempts to get it corrected.

Seems to me it's gone beyond just the principle of the thing. You're basically playing russian roulette by ordering from them.

Are you going to just keep ordering until it happens to you?
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 13:13   #66

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Well my Marine Parts Depot parts finally came in today.

Took 3 weeks using USPS priority.

Must be a Christmas rush in orders causing delays.

Been ordering from Marine Parts Depot for years now and always seem to get my order in a week.

Well all is well that ends well.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 14:08   #67

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2

I'm having trouble with my recent Marine Parts Depot order. I ordered about three weeks ago, got a preliminary tracking number, and then nothing has been shipped.

The USPS shipping site says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item" meaning they got a tracking number but haven't actually shipped it.

I tried calling them and got an answering machine.

Not looking good.
Whomda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 18:15   #68

After about a month from ordering back in November, I called credit card company and they credited my card. about two weeks later, I received partial order (missing pieces were out of stock). That was back in early January. Haven't ordered anything since.
scherzoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 18:29   #69

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

I have ordered from them and didn't have any problems. Items received promptly and quality was good and as advertised.
kmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 12:27   #70

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 41
Send a message via Skype™ to Kijit

Over the years, I have purchased a number of items from them and always had good results. However, I tried to purchase something from them last fall and the items never arrived. I couldn't get any answers to any of my emails and finally had to go to PayPal with the problem. After contacting PayPal, my money was refunded. They used to be my first place to go when I needed items, but now I don't trust them anymore. I do not know what happened, because I'd love to use them again.
Kijit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 17:40   #71

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2

FYI I finally received my order, took about 4 weeks.
Whomda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 08:41   #72
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i prefer to have my new formosa parts made in mexico by local welders. i can see what i ordered and they make sure i get what i want and perfect. so--no mail order stainless stuff on my boat.
my stainless fuel tank is perfect.
made in mexico beats the crap outta made in china.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 10:02   #73

Boat: Catalina-Morgan 504

Avoid this company like Covid!!!! Over the years I have often ordered their products. A number of times, I have had delivery problems. These problems have always been resolved by claiming through Paypal, Amazon, or Ebay. Do NOT bother emailing the company. THEY DO NOT RESPOND. In the latest instance, I've tried four times to reach the company. From the time the order was placed to now (with no delivery) is past five weeks.
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, parts