Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2012, 18:07   #31

Boat: Meridian 411
Just had a look for the supersonic 32" 12v TV on the website. Is there a model number or are they all 12v compatible?
I've just been told about a Glomex antenna instead of the GME variety which I understand doesn't need a separate digital receiver??

This is for an Australian boat too, so the cable isn't what I'm looking for, just the broadcast TV.
Edmundo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 20:06   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32
Re: Marine TV Applications

It is the tv that determines whether you can watch HD without a digital receiver or not. The tv has to have a digital tuner built-in. Most if not all do now.
mitiempo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 00:57   #33

Ok thanks for that.
Purchased a 12v TEAC LED TV which now leaves me looking for a decent antenna system. Heard of Digi Max ( or similar) which uses a twin antenna , amplifier combination or alternatively a system of some description from/ by Shakespear. Any tips appreciated.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:33   #34

Boat: Gib sea 43

led tvs are the way to go, less power!

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then my keyboard must be a nuclear missile!
stevensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:45   #35

Boat: Jarkan 10.5
Great thread, we all need entertainment . My system, I have a "kogan" 12 v something something inch LED TV with built in dvd player & USB have that mounted on a bracket on the lower washboard ( need more brackets) connected to an amplified antenna which no matter where I lay my pick all I pick is the government founded channe SBS & ABC( probably the best) . Also have an iPad with a "vizien" wifi tv , works way better than my flying saucer anntane. Currently getting a portable hard drive filled up with movies , all legal by the way
bouncingyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:29   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncingyellow
Great thread, we all need entertainment . My system, I have a "kogan" 12 v something something inch LED TV with built in dvd player & USB have that mounted on a bracket on the lower washboard ( need more brackets) connected to an amplified antenna which no matter where I lay my pick all I pick is the government founded channe SBS & ABC( probably the best) . Also have an iPad with a "vizien" wifi tv , works way better than my flying saucer anntane. Currently getting a portable hard drive filled up with movies , all legal by the way
Am thinking of increasing my hard drive movie list by the way.... Just need a decent program to help out.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:55   #37

Boat: Jarkan 10.5
Any modern programs are pretty good today , the biggest drama is the TV not having enough oomph to sort thru the files at a reasonable rate, one way to overcome this is to have a USB stick , it's a bit of doubling handling but done properly you can have ,dramas, sci-fi ect all cataloged on USB sticks, they are also more safer from the harsh environments .
bouncingyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:35   #38

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya

I built my own antenna for about 10 bucks using copper tubing and with my amplifier I get stations from Philly and Baltimore.
The best program to play movies with is free called VLC.
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 21:33   #39

Boat: Velamar/German Frers 27
In an insomnia crisis, I checked my old PC monitor/TV set, a 23" AOC. 12v, just like minaret said. It's working perfectly plugged to a Fusion Marine AV.
Gabrieln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine